My algae and softie tank

magern2

Agree with DragonGoby, I think its original :)

Better than a typical sps tank, softies or what have you these days, after a while, they all look the same. Hobbyists should really widen their perspective as to how a home aquaria 'should' look like.

You'll probably find some trouble coping with issues such as nuisance algae forming due to the low flow, but good discipline and moderated stocking, feeding and use of good equipment should mitigate the effects.

• SRC Member

Its kind of like a planted tank, but marine. The algae also act as biofilter for the softies. Green one I know is caulerpa. Don't know what the brown and red algae species are, although I think i've eaten the red one before - bought from isetan supermarket :huh: they all appeared after I put in a tablet of aquapharm instant bacter.

I used to take a lot of my tank/coral shots with my IXUS 330. What I did, switched off your flash, turn on the tulip icon for sharper pic....you just have to adjust distance to get the desired image you want. Acutally, the most impt of all is to keep you hands still.

frankly, I find tripods a must to get very sharp images if you do not have those solid solid cams....now I am using the G5 powershot from Canon....still no where near the photo quality many guys here can acheve...I still rely on the tripod. (Know nuts about potography...just another canon Ixus user)