2 feet setup

kamiru

• SRC Member
This is my overflow area. Is there any improvement that i can add to it?

is there sound coming from the overflow area? to maintain the water level in the box close to the level of tank, how abt putting a valve at the outlet of the overflow. this way there wont be a white color pipe sticking into the tank and it will be a good indicator as to how much water to top up for evaporation. juz my 2cts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

You have a very clear tank with a clean slant of glass. how did you managed to achieve that clean look without algae growing on it?

Your corals look so good! where did you buy your sun coral? you may drop me a pm. i am also interested if you are gonna frag one of those STN corals.

Cheers.

• SRC Member
You have a very clear tank with a clean slant of glass. how did you managed to achieve that clean look without algae growing on it?

Your corals look so good! where did you buy your sun coral? you may drop me a pm. i am also interested if you are gonna frag one of those STN corals.

Cheers.

I got it(sun coral) from reborn last friday. As for frag, i do not know how to do it. If i can't sustain, i will sell it at a low cost for the frags(when i know how to frag). Thanks

• SRC Member

is there sound coming from the overflow area? to maintain the water level in the box close to the level of tank, how abt putting a valve at the outlet of the overflow. this way there wont be a white color pipe sticking into the tank and it will be a good indicator as to how much water to top up for evaporation. juz my 2cts

There is no sound from the overflow area. Only sound came out when the overflow tube gushes water out from the overflow area.

IMHO, u shld place the birdnest frag elsewhere. certainly not in the vicinity of the finger leather coral. noticed that the birdnest frag is oso shaded from lights by the finger leather? ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

hey dude, i think you race too fast for sps.

right now i can sense that your tank has overgrown amount of nutrients try to get a better skimmer to solve this problem.. anyway good choice of lightings you got there.. =) lastly give kalkwasser to your corals if you want them to stay happy.. anyway happy reefing.. and welcome to the world of sps and mind boggling corals!! =)

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
New updates after a few months

Suggest you remove your leather if you're planning to go for SPS.

Ina small nano tank, the toxin from the leather will build up very fast and will kill yr acros. Even if you run carbon, you'lll have to follow a very strict water changing, carbon changing regime. <_<

This acros looks like a milli from the shape of the "scales" ;)

• 3 weeks later...