Biohome

tansh

• SRC Member

Never changed mine for 2 years liao and still as good ie BioHome didn't disintegrate nor do I add any additional pellets.

Are the pellets still working after all these years?

Yes, definitely as the Ammonia & Nitrite are at zero levels reading and this are the BioHome Red (with nutrients) type.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

Bros. I aslo wan to add biohome to my tank leh. Wat brand of biohome u all using ah? Where is a good place to buy? :lol:

i thought bio-home itself is a brand?? :blink: petmart always seem to hv them.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

One more Q to ask,I hv been using biohome for my previous 3ft setup for 6mth but took out for cleaning and soak them in fresh tap water and intend to use it for my 2nd new tank setup for cycling,will this affect the biohome?

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
Bros. I aslo wan to add biohome to my tank leh. Wat brand of biohome u all using ah? Where is a good place to buy? :lol:

Bro,u can get it from petmart but very$$$,i got mine for $100 for 2 pkt.U can do a search at the website for more info.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

soak in fresh water BB die liow.

Thats the reason why i want to soak them in fresh water so that I can restart the cycle in my new tank.Btw my 3ft tank setup sold 1mth ago liew so no choice hv to let them die.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

WHy soak in freshwater and kill the bacteria?! U should let the bacteria remain so that your new tank is seeded with the beneficial bacteria... it'll drastically reduce the cycling time...

Biohome is just like LiveRocks, just a porous material for bacterial colonisation.. no expiry date one... just dun clog the pores.. or it might become less efficient

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
WHy soak in freshwater and kill the bacteria?! U should let the bacteria remain so that your new tank is seeded with the beneficial bacteria... it'll drastically reduce the cycling time...

Biohome is just like LiveRocks, just a porous material for bacterial colonisation.. no expiry date one... just dun clog the pores.. or it might become less efficient

Thks for the advice,due to my new tank delay no choice hv to kill them.Untill now my new tank almost sit at my home for 1mth liew due to lots of changer like changing to custom made cabinate and piping.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
Hi Bros,

May I know wat is the amount per packet of Biohome? I got mine at 300g per packet box, (yellow packaging) is it the correct Biohome? I looks like scale rods inside, rite?

:thanks:

Not sure best if u can post a pic than i can advice u :)

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

It looks like longush cylindrical pellets... COmes in Grey and REd colour.. The red colour one has added nutrients and vitamins or something to promote bacterial colonisation... It should say BioHome on the box

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

why u say useless? How do u ascertain the effectiveness anyway? I've heard many good things abt Biohome and have quite good experience with it myself.. rather potent I feel. A small bag can support enough bacteria to support the bioload of many fishes...

Live and Let Live