New Tank up..

Lin

• SRC Member

Whoa ! look at the time - just came back from clubbing?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

whahhah u all ah, even notice wat time i come hm sia, muz look out for u all sia.... lolz.. nah, i dun club de lar.. pls nar.. hee, went kopi with friends ard my hse mah, then can walk hm mah, not veri late nar, dun like tt leh... :angel:

ok.. let get things goin, now old stock all in le.. added more new stock oso..i bought a blue tang, a mandarin(my dad bought for me :P ), a damsel in again(present frm the farm) :lol: and now, woh, havent seen my fish so happy b4~, i can sit ard my tank for hrs till 3-4am neh.. :lol: But hor, my polyps dun seems to open big neh.. hmm.. think place too low le?

• SRC Member

hey~ ask u guys ah, hermit got change skin? like shrimp? (watever u call skin or shell eh) yesterday saw a half body of my hermit on my sand.. tot someone murdered him, now i see, both still there neh.. it is time for me to get a new shell for him?

• SRC Member

This is called moulting - will be good if you have a few empty shells around the tank.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

polyps don't open big is maybe light not enough ah

heard her tang got ich....i don't really haf experience with tangs...y not u guys advice her on how to deal with it?...i only told her to feed with garlic and do a blackout for 48hrs

• SRC Member
polyps don't open big is maybe light not enough ah

heard her tang got ich....i don't really haf experience with tangs...y not u guys advice her on how to deal with it?...i only told her to feed with garlic and do a blackout for 48hrs

thks for concern for my tang.. sigh.. hope it will get beta.. my lights on short hrs nia.. anyway, i took him outta water le... goin to quarantine him 1st.. then see how.. blue tang is always famous for his ich de ba.. :(

hey..

actually most important thing is to make sure the blue tang's eating.. i have 2 and when they were first introduced to my tank they had a bit of ich.. make sure they continue eating and add garlic in the food u feed them.. sometimes catching them out and puting in a foreign and alien environment might just add to the stress.. hope ur tang will recover soon! good luck!

• SRC Member
hey..

actually most important thing is to make sure the blue tang's eating.. i have 2 and when they were first introduced to my tank they had a bit of ich.. make sure they continue eating and add garlic in the food u feed them.. sometimes catching them out and puting in a foreign and alien environment might just add to the stress.. hope ur tang will recover soon! good luck!

:sick: Gee~ seems got hope eh? hmm.. he eats alot de.. throw how much he eat how much de.. duno y.. hungry ghost like tt.. let me hope and pray ba..hope no one here ned to buy me a new tang tis xmas ah.. :P

Actually if the Blue tang you are referring to is the A. Hippatus, it should be fine cuz they are one of the more hardy species. Unlike Poder Blue or Atlantic Blue. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Signs of tangs not making it will be loosing weight and sunken areas behind the eyes. If you see that, you really have to pray hard hard.....

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
Signs of tangs not making it will be loosing weight and sunken areas behind the eyes. If you see that, you really have to pray hard hard.....

:blink: blue tang hardy? i find it hard to keep now, juz ich i believe, last nite whole body is sia..but still in a quarantine tank now, today fine le.. no visible sign, think he got some small brown spot, cant identified wats tt now, hope he will make it thru... so u means if he is eating, then he is fine? so i keep feeding him can le? how is the after care like?

:blink: blue tang hardy? i find it hard to keep now, juz ich i believe, last nite whole body is sia..but still in a quarantine tank now, today fine le.. no visible sign, think he got some small brown spot, cant identified wats tt now, hope he will make it thru... so u means if he is eating, then he is fine? so i keep feeding him can le? how is the after care like?

If you can't keep hippo tang (A. Hippatus). Don't even think about other tang, very jiak lat man......

Generally Hippo tang and the Zebrasomas (Yellow tang, Purple tang, Scopas tang etc) are easier to keep due to their hardiness and their "happy go lucky" attitudes.

White spots are cuz by Ich and Oodinium (the latter is smaller spots but covers more areas).

Ich has three stages, the stage that is visble to us is when they hitch on fishes for nutrients. The other 2 stages are 1 - swimming freely and 2- buried amoung substrates. Thus if your fishes does not have white spots does not means that you are free of ich.

The only effective way is to do hypo-salinity treatment to your affected fishes while you leave your tank fallow (without any fish) for 8 weeks to eradicates ich.

You may want to read more of about hypo of the disease / treatment section of this forum. ;)

Me, I am now doing the above treatment after my second failed attempt on a AT (one of the more difficult tang to keep). :D

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

i nv had problem with ich on other LS, all only with tis blue tang, juz change water, think shld leave him in quarantine for another day? had been in there for 24hrs le..Tang is veri sensitive to water condition? or mayb new tank? sigh.. glad he is still eating.. muz check him tonite again..

Gouldian: wow, AT? Ex fish wor.. cant afford to let it die neh.. Good Luck~ :peace:

i nv had problem with ich on other LS, all only with tis blue tang, juz change water, think shld leave him in quarantine for another day? had been in there for 24hrs le..Tang is veri sensitive to water condition? or mayb new tank? sigh.. glad he is still eating.. muz check him tonite again..

Gouldian: wow, AT? Ex fish wor.. cant afford to let it die neh.. Good Luck~ :peace:

Hope all is well after tonight. ;)

Actually AT is still manageable comparing to Black Tang and Gem Tang!!!!! A black tang will set you back about 250 while a Gem is 4 figures!!!! :look::yeah:

Do small but frequent water changes before you add in hippo tang. ;)

Good luck. :upsidedown:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Gee.. thks all who had come to my help.. hope he will b fine and will b back to tank by later ard noon, if he can cure, i fink i pro liao.. coz i nv use any garlic thingy method u guys had used.. :pinch: thks..keep u guys update ya~ CheeRs.. B)

• SRC Member

Just soaked mysis with garlic and feed it to your tangs - it'll work

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Just soaked mysis with garlic and feed it to your tangs - it'll work

my tang like nv eat mysis de neh.. i keep feeding him with pellet, he likes tt so much, say le like hungry ghost.. u mean those garlic guard or watever? coz i nv see those garlic thingy in FS leh.. sorry for asking a silly Question, hope someone can advice.. :blink:

• SRC Member

yea yea yea~~~ My TANG ok le!! yipee~~ THks ALL for those golden advice and shared experience with a nerdy here.. :bow: Hope no more problem comes back again.. and i believe i had learned alot here~ :angel: my own tang saviour noW! :peace:

• SRC Member
my friend ask u when u goin to pay him his sandal............................. :D

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:D:D:D

Stupid HermiT~ TOT u wana come help me sia!! how i noe u ask me for his sandals? ok lar... the most i give him my TEVA sandals can? :pinch: next time time dun go out with u all le lar, so malu sia.... :paiseh: