S'pore tide readings website

• SRC Member

Dunno if appropriate to post here, mods pls move if it's not..

Last time used to collect natural sea water from Changi Beach, Kallang River etc..instead of using salt mix.

One of the condition is to wait for high tide as the water is much cleaner.

Then the water kept inside jerrycans will be left running with airpump for 24hrs or more without any light to kill parasites. It is then filtered into the sump tank to filter out as much dirt as possible.

The only way to know the tiding is through internet site like this:

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2293

This reading will benefit anyone who are using NSW as well.

• SRC Member

SG sea water .... hmm guess only punggol seaside de more clearer leh... the rest of the coasta area water i think cannot make it ba .... pls correct me if i'm wrong but punggol area difficult to "KAPO" leh there's a police container there ... hmm can they catch us if we KAPO sea water ... cos i always go punggol seaside there the water seems vert clear all the way till the middle of the jetty.

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

Then the water kept inside jerrycans will be left running with airpump for 24hrs or more without any light to kill parasites. It is then filtered into the sump tank to filter out as much dirt as possible.

I highly doubt that churning seawater using an air pump with the lights out is going to kill any parasites.