Macro needlewheel skimmer user, HELP!!

aStRoBo|

• SRC Member
of course u must put tt in la!!!

if not y they gif u?

try putting tt in then repost here to update us on if yr prob is solved

haha.. done.. but one thing is, my water level now is slightly above the neck, i can't tune it down liao, i turn left or right, water level will go up one leh. Can anymore bro tell me if turn knob wad happened??

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

I am using the bigger model. My problem is: when I move the pump in sump tank, there are small bubble building as per normal but after awhile no bubble then it came back again. After several fault finding, I think the pump must be place at a certain angle. Anyone got this type of problem or any solution. Now it is ok....worried problem come back again.

• SRC Member

my experience with as100p. :D

The tubing from the pump to the skimmer has to be certain length. less than 10cm from water level. You might like to start your fault finding at that area.

One more thing, u can reduce the noise from the skimmer by adding a long air hose tubing....

• SRC Member

hi jackal,

the hose that i mean is the air hose out of the pump. use a longer air hose. another way is to add a air valve.

Adding a wooden air diffuser that is used for those air driven skimmer also helps...

• SRC Member

Hi Steve. When my I increase slightly my tank water level and the distance between pump and water level, the noice seems to lessen. Now very quite and skimming well. This is the best skimmer I had and it is within my budget.

• SRC Member

hi there, im using macro too...can post the body bubbles formation of the skimmer...and the distance that you place in pictures...so can share around....thanks

• SRC Member

for my skimmer asp 250, i set my water level at red level. Can more macro share more pics on the pump level and water level. I realised that alot of reefers have different ways of placing their pump, their water level, their tube etc etc...i am thinking so, we can at least know how others get their needlewheel working.....seems like alot of users are facing problems in these set.....

• SRC Member
Side view

jackal,

how ur water parameters after using these skimmer? Eps ur NO3 level...please let us know your feedback..... ;)

• SRC Member

Only problem with my water parameter is high NO3. I removed all my coral chips and bio-balls and replacing them with LR, stages by stages. I try to do a weekly water change. Mine is a 3ft tank using an internal overflow filtration. Jz check my NO3 and it is getting better but still on high side. I had this Micro Skimmer for about 2mths now.

• SRC Member
Only problem with my water parameter is high NO3. I removed all my coral chips and bio-balls and replacing them with LR, stages by stages. I try to do a weekly water change. Mine is a 3ft tank using an internal overflow filtration. Jz check my NO3 and it is getting better but still on high side. I had this Micro Skimmer for about 2mths now.

Jackal, i been experiencing high NO3 too....recent check show that my NO3 is at 20ppm. I have been running bio balls and coral chips too...just removed all y bio balls as some of the reefers mentioned that it might be NO3 factory. Right now, been changing my feeding frequency to 2 days a time. Change of water have been done just last sunday. As for the skimmer, i have removed the top cap and it been skimming since i removed it...i realised that it's A MUST for me. When i put back the cap, the skimmer effect would not be as good, Why? Cause i realised that the foam generated cannot be as good as I removed the cap....I have attached a few pics for you guys for reference .......

• SRC Member

can someone explain the purpose of the skimmer cover besides preventing stuff from falling in ? any side effect if there is no cover?

i understand that there a air hole on the cover. anyone have any idea what it is for ?