Durso Pipe In Custom Tanks

roidan

you can always do ur own durso :) cost around $5 or so for 1...if u ask tank maker to do... :D maybe u will be paying double the amount

thanks dodo:

make my own ah....that means letting the tankmaker do his normal stuff like drilling 1 or 2 holes at the bottom of the tank,putting his bulkheads and then i do my own durso pipe and i shove the pipe into the holes? hehehe

can see that you use many pipes to eventually reduce the size of the standpipe to the size of your bulkhead...so what is the size of your 2 bulkheads? 1 inch?

with your twin durso pipe...what flow rate are u draining? if it's 2 bulkheads of 1 inch size each, max flowrate is 600g/hr x 2 = 1200g/hr or 4560l/hr hor...

• SRC Member
can see that you use many pipes to eventually reduce the size of the standpipe to the size of your bulkhead...so what is the size of your 2 bulkheads? 1 inch?

:huh: two sizes only of pipe ;) 30mm on top reduce to 25mm(1")...this method is taught by an advance reefer :D

yes...my both bulkheads are 25mm :)

with your twin durso pipe...what flow rate are u draining? if it's 2 bulkheads of 1 inch size each, max flowrate is 600g/hr x 2 = 1200g/hr or 4560l/hr hor...

:o who tell u tis?i personally tested the flow rate of ~>4000L/hr on one(single 1")bulkhead...it works wif some room to spare. IMO, a single 1" bulkhead can drain off ~5000L...i may be wrong...i really cannot ascertain how much flow rate a 1" bulk head can handle.

maybe u would like to test & let us know :yeah:

hehe..must have read somewhere off the net that single 1 inch bulkheads drain 600g/hr on the safe side..although up to 800g/hr have been achieved before although this makes the durso pipe acts more like full siphon rather than the gravity feed siphon that it's supposed to be...but heck care whatever type of siphon lah hor..as long as it works..can liao lor :P:P

hmmm....from what i gather from your post dodo...u are using standpipe of 30mm then reduce to 25mm to shove into the 25mm bulkhead hole....that means the outer diater of your pipe reducer is 25mm so that can fit into the inner diameter of the bulkhead hole of 25mm hor...

that means that the inner diameter of the *30to25mm reducer* that u plug into the bulkhead hole is actually around 21mm since the outer diameter is 25mm?

Sorry to confuse u if it does....lol.... :paiseh::paiseh:

extract from Mr Durso:

A frequently asked question is how much water will the Durso Standpipe process? The presence of a standpipe really makes no difference in how much water you can process. The limiting factor is almost always the teeth spacing of the overflow chamber. This is what limits how much water can enter the chamber. If your plumbing can handle the water flow without a standpipe it will handle it with a standpipe. However, many people have reported being able to push the drains beyond the rated limit by increasing the teeth spacing and reducing the vent hole size which pushes the standpipe to act more like a siphon than a gravity drain. Doing this is risky and you are on your own. I can't recommend it. But people have claimed to reach rates as high as 800 to 1000 GPH with 1 inch bulkheads rated for 600 GPH.

• SRC Member
extract from Mr Durso:

A frequently asked question is how much water will the Durso Standpipe process? The presence of a standpipe really makes no difference in how much water you can process. The limiting factor is almost always the teeth spacing of the overflow chamber. This is what limits how much water can enter the chamber. If your plumbing can handle the water flow without a standpipe it will handle it with a standpipe. However, many people have reported being able to push the drains beyond the rated limit by increasing the teeth spacing and reducing the vent hole size which pushes the standpipe to act more like a siphon than a gravity drain. Doing this is risky and you are on your own. I can't recommend it. But people have claimed to reach rates as high as 800 to 1000 GPH with 1 inch bulkheads rated for 600 GPH.

got it...so does tis theory proves untrue :lol:

it does confuse me :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :erm:

so u r saying i am actually draining water thru a 21mm pipe :blink: instead of a 25mm becos 25mm is the outer diameter? :D

hmm...at first the standpipe was 30mm...means its inner diameter where water flows is around (30-2-2) 26mm...then it went thru the reducer.....(25-2-2) 21mm...and then it finally opens out to the bulkhead at full 25mm diameter unimpeded...

so the water actually flowed from a 26mm hole to a 21mm hole and then emptied into the 25mm bulkhead hole...hehehe