Concealing Tunze or Seio Pump?

zorden

• SRC Member

Anyone out there try to conceal Tunze or Seio using Rocks. Got complaint from my father-in-law that this CCTV look ugly in my tank....

i am thinking of using Tonga rocks (those fine branches type) to conceal it. so far anyone try that?

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

for me, i place my pump at the side of the tank about 1/3 from the back, i then redo some of the aqua-scaping such that a big piece of rocks is placed in from of the seio...the seio points to the back glass tank such that the flow is bounced off the back of the tank to the front. Then i place some other big rocks to 'strategically' directly the current to some SPS... see drawing...lousy sketch but you should get the idea...

but note, you can't really do this if you have lots of SPS and also i use a string to test the effect of the current while rearranging the rock....

The exact effect on SPS???? I'm still observing as i have only just completed the task....yesterday. :P

post-6-1100882362.gif

• SRC Member

actually thinking of using those thin Tonga branches then use Deltex Epoxy to glue the LR together and they will form a cage for the TUNZE.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have to conceal it if not my father-in-law :evil: will keep telling me that it look very unnatural and i can do without the POWERHEAD.

:cry2::cry2: HELP :cry2::cry2:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.