Where to buy ARM CA media

Mao

• SRC Member
Max, can detail whats the difference between ARM and Deltec CR Media pls? :)

Alfa u running yr new deltec PF1000S..........soon you will know why Deltec Media is more superior. I guess a lot of reefers already realised that...........but u have to pay for higher price premium

;)

• SRC Member

Spoke to personally to a german reefer ###### online owner that the Rowalith C+ will give some problems in calcium reactors. Do not know how true is it but surprisingly, he is actually selling the Rowalith C+ himself and yet he does not recommend it. The reason he gave was difficult to understand as their english is not to good.

• SRC Member

Alfa u running yr new deltec PF1000S..........soon you will know why Deltec Media is more superior. I guess a lot of reefers already realised that...........but u have to pay for higher price premium

;)

Max, Im running the reactor with ARM at the present moment and about 10% MG Pro. ;)

What are the advantages of switching over to Deltec media? Higher Kh? No mush when the media has expired?

• SRC Member
Spoke to personally to a german reefer ###### online owner that the Rowalith C+ will give some problems in calcium reactors. Do not know how true is it but surprisingly, he is actually selling the Rowalith C+ himself and yet he does not recommend it. The reason he gave was difficult to understand as their english is not to good.

I can tell what problem he run into. Your supplier NOT very experience lah......................... ;)

First of all he did a lot of wrong stuffs.

First Deltec Media is smaller & lighter than ARM, being pre-processed.

It is not as dirty as ARM. Don't believe...go wash it & see for yourself lah....don;t say I bullshit.

The purpose of fluidised reactor is to push the media up and keep it rotating or moving.

PH cannot be set too low like the normal reactor.

You cannot over fill the reactor.

Your cannot open the CO2 recirculation valve unless your PH is set very high, else it will melt down your media even with PH 6.99..............u don't believe it...go try it yourself and tell me B)

Most reefers, including the european so "CALLED" expert open the CO@ recirculation valve.....so it run into melt down.

Some reefers open thw ball valve of Pump max during start off and have all the media suck into pump, destroying the impellor. THe Deltec Reactor has a strong suction from the pump base on design and pump placement. It is not just the pump size. Get a Chemical process engineer that runs a Petrol chemical plant and he will tell you why is it so.....I don't know as well till my wife tell me so :rolleyes: You need to open the valve to max only overtime of weeks to days....depending on how much u load yr reactor.

So the above are last 2 highlights that are common mistake all reefers make.

I find my tank has a higher dkh running ARM. dkh 10~11 and Calcium 380~400

When I run Rowalith C+ = my dkh is 8.5 and Calcium is 420 at a 0.5 higher PH value. Anyway I run out of Rowalith myself, have been using ARM. Not too sure of the price. But is price is competitive for ARM ->...then it is definitely money for value. U don;t need to drive a ferrari from point to point right? waste money lah.

Weisoon. I know the person u talk to in Europe. He's a nice guy, but knowledge why he's so..so lah. He was once saying Aquaconnect 14K bulb is no good, now he post in RC that AC 14K is the best.....I guess ........monkey see monkey do right?

I still like my Deltec CR & Bubble King Needle Wheel anyday against Backett or any other CR. Well If you can afford it why not, else DIY the same design can be a exciting pastime. It is a personal thing NOTHING TO COMPARE ABOUT.

BUT a Super Reef Tank is not just about equipment lah, so don't get over endorse with best of best stuffs. It all come from the HEART :paiseh: & PASSION for this hobby. Best equipment will not get you no where without thePASSION & HEART for regular, consistent commitment. Wei-sson ...this statement is not for you lah....U are one crazy reefer I know that go all the way out :o Well u have a deeper procket than I do :whistle

Sorry, I'm a straight shooter...........words might be too strong for your european friend......but that's the truth. State base on what u see not what people say so :upsidedown:

Alfa: I think above answer your questions right?

You can do a price comparison and see if ARM is way too cheap against Rowa?

I've not idea of the above 2 prices as I get both direct from my customer in Europe......so cannot compare to local.

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Max, Im running the reactor with ARM at the present moment and about 10% MG Pro. ;)

What are the advantages of switching over to Deltec media? Higher Kh? No mush when the media has expired?

One thing I left out about today's reef tank and salt mix.

Most current salt mix creates high dkh but relatively low to avg calcium.

A CR creates slightly higer dkh than Ca

So what's the conclusion? U end up high dkh and low Ca.

Some of you will have low dkh & relatively ok Ca 380 +

U find SPS cannot color up :erm:

Why....why...tell me why?

Well yor system is not stable and reactor is not good enough

So Alfa, u change to Deltec from Aqua Medic?

U will see your dkh climb and climb....it will take some time.

Since u use ARM, u will likely end up with higher dkh than Ca. I guess this is what u want right? U stated u have major dkh problems compare to Ca right.

I've a different set of problem.

My salt mix have high dkh and CR give out higher dkh than CA

So I end up with too high dkh

for me to hit Ca 420, my dkh is 13 :yeah:

So I swap to Rowalith C+ and my dkh drop to 8.5 or 9 and Ca 420+

BTW, I also swap salt mix to Tropic Marine Pro Reef. I think this the BEST for me now and best result...without RTN after swap of 30%...ready amazes me. But the price are TERRIBLY expensive. Is the AGENT READING this? PLEASE DROP your price :upsidedown::yeah::angel:

Well it all depends on individual tank setup.

:snore:

• SRC Member

Max, thanks for the input

Think what you said was right. The Germans could have open up their re-circulation valve too much and cause the Rowalith C+ to 'mush' up. Think that's what they are trying to highlight. Also with that high throttle opening, and added with the fluidized action of the CR, the media will turn into dust in no time and then 'mush' up and turn into a cake. :lol: So needs a lot of tuning in part of the reefer for a CR.

BTW the german guy is not the one you told me some time back, its another online shop. Anyway there are many online shops in Germany. :lol:

• SRC Supporter
Max, thanks for clarifying :)

Didnt know that CR gives out higher KH when compared to CA. I have always read that its in equal amounts since the media in use is from coral origins. Now I know. Thanks!

"Not equal... but proportional."

And calcification should be the same.

I would suppose that for every 1 meq dkh increase would be the equivalent rise of 20ppm CA.

Max,

Are you stating that Rowalith gives a lower dkH reading compared to ARM ?

My salt mix have high dkh and CR give out higher dkh than CA

So I end up with too high dkh

for me to hit Ca 420, my dkh is 13 

So I swap to Rowalith C+ and my dkh drop to 8.5 or 9 and Ca 420+

• 4 weeks later...