cloudy eye on my blue tang

• SRC Member

i had save my blue tang frm ich abt 3wks ago(he dun have cloudy eyes thou,cadinal got it), now itz ok le(i fail to save 1 one yr ago)..ALL u ned to do is to ACT FAST, b4 itz too late.. btw, do u intend to quarantine him? for me, i had quarantine him in diff tank, now in display tank and had been dozing Aquapharm cure Ich in main tank 1wk ago.. itz good that ur fish is eating well, if possible, feed with garlic to boast itz immune.. juz my 2cents and keep us update.. B)

• SRC Member
Cool. I'll add garlic it's diet. Don't have a Q-tank to take care of the baby. Guess I'll have to do it in the main tank.

'Aquapharm cure Ich' any impact to the coral?

bigger one usually had stronger immune.. i dint measure my tang is how many inch.. :lol::lol:

i had doze in both main and quarantine tank last time.. i got a couple of zoos, mushrooms and leather in there.. pretty well now.. i duno wat coral u have in there, some not as hardy as these.. my advice is to bring ur coral out (if u intend to doze in main tank nar) FS had advice try not to doze in main tank.. If not u gota do hypo to make sure it dun come back.. Juz dun over doze if u are using the medi.. u gota act fast, if not u will loose him..

Good Luck ya.. :peace:

• SRC Member
Cool. I'll add garlic it's diet. Don't have a Q-tank to take care of the baby. Guess I'll have to do it in the main tank.

'Aquapharm cure Ich' any impact to the coral?

Bro any medication for fish is BAD for coral even in small amount.Overdose really kill any invert icluding corals.Best to medicate your fish out of main tank.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

sorry but just wondering how does white spots on blue tang looks like.... ocs my got like blue white patch don know if it white spots.....

• SRC Member

The best way of curing ich - totally and effectively, is still the hyposalinity method.

garlic helps to build up the immune system but the ich is always there, a stress out fish will have an attack of ich no matter how much garlic u fed it.

medications? i never dare trust them with all the corals and invertebrates in the tank.

• SRC Member
don't be sorry if we are learning.

Just white dots at odd places. Sadly, I didn't take any picture of it.

But if you can post some pictures, I'm sure lots of bros and sis can help to identify them.

:rolleyes:

kk thanz bro.... :yeah:

• SRC Member

ooh crap i saw white spots on my blue tang today....near its gills area around its mouth.... so how to use the salinity method bro....

once ich infected gills, it is very critical liao. cuz soon you will see it swimming against current to get teh current to push in more oxygen as the gills are "blocked" liao. <_<

you can try hyposalinity but chances is pretty slim. :(

anyway, good luck! ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

how long would a blue tang last after being affected by itch.....

• SRC Member
how long would a blue tang last after being affected by itch.....

it all depends on the immuse system of ur tang, mine has it and it is eating and kicking alive.... :P i fink the smaller and younger, the harder to treat.. u can always read up on hypo.. hopes it helps.. and remember, time is the cure.. :angel:

• SRC Member

am thinking of reducing my main tain salanity for 6 weeks but am haiving live rocks, two common clown, my blue tang which is affected and a blood shrimp.... just wondering will my live rocks and blood shrimp be able to take it??

am thinking of reducing my main tain salanity for 6 weeks but am haiving live rocks, two common clown, my blue tang which is affected and a blood shrimp.... just wondering will my live rocks and blood shrimp be able to take it??

Hyposalinity can only be done on fishes only.

All invertebrates will not survive hyposalinity. :(

Here's more info on Hypo

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

The main display tank can be treated if it is "Fish Only" and contains no invertebrates or live rock. The live rock itself will survive the treatment, but any invertebrates living on and in it will be killed. If the tank is truly "Fish Only" treating the tanks is probably the best option as there will be less stress to the inhabitants and it helps you to eliminate the "Ich" in the main tank.