achilles tang to feed

Not to sound too negative or pessimistic but I seriously doubt it.

AT's are very difficult tangs to keep alive and well in captivity for more than several months. The few reefers I know that managed to, that have fat and healthy AT's, they feed them a variety of food several times a day. And they have mega-sized super beckett skimmers. Their tanks range from 4 to 6ft. A 6ft tank or larger would be ideal.

I personally know of only one reefer in SG that has kept an AT for over a year.

Wah... so tough ah?! Juz splurged some 60 buckeroos on an AT... <_<

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

AT's are very difficult tangs to keep alive and well in captivity for more than several months. The few reefers I know that managed to, that have fat and healthy AT's, they feed them a variety of food several times a day. And they have mega-sized super beckett skimmers. Their tanks range from 4 to 6ft. A 6ft tank or larger would be ideal.

i agree with wat u said.

Those skimmer is need to skim out those waste or left over food which the AT will ignore..

For me, look this this yr 1.75 bonus is going into a new skimmer wat.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

We should invite HON to make commends. His AT more than 1 year or 2 yrs?

BTW, he never feed his fishes at all.

Wonder what type magic he has.

Tank setup & Conditoin is important for this fish

:upsidedown:

His tank so big... think the algae that is on rocks enough for that fish

• SRC Member

Hi Maxima,

I do not have any special trick or treatment to keep my achilles alive for the past 15mths. The fish just refuse to take anything I feed it beside market vege which I haven't been feeding for ages. It keep itself alive by glazing at the aglea on my live rock. The fish aren't fat at all, or rather its a little thin sometimes.

Bad news is, I might loose this fish soon. Just last week, it got caught at my Tunze Turbelle pump inlet for a few minutes. It seem okie at first but 2 days ago, I notice the skin where the pump suck on have developed infection, some white slimy substance. The fish have since gone hiding and look really sick now :(

So sad to see the fish go weaker each day now .... :eyeblur:

I've bought mine from Jireh last thurday. it started to eat after released into my 3 ft (tank with only sand, rock n pipe fish). not more than 30 mins.This fish like to swim alot, so i think u need to cater a big area for it with less fishes(tangs) ;) .

One week already, not even a single white dot n it's very blacky :lol: !!!

Hurray!!!

Cheer...

• SRC Member

Hi Maxima,

I do not have any special trick or treatment to keep my achilles alive for the past 15mths. The fish just refuse to take anything I feed it beside market vege which I haven't been feeding for ages. It keep itself alive by glazing at the aglea on my live rock. The fish aren't fat at all, or rather its a little thin sometimes.

Bad news is, I might loose this fish soon. Just last week, it got caught at my Tunze Turbelle pump inlet for a few minutes. It seem okie at first but 2 days ago, I notice the skin where the pump suck on have developed infection, some white slimy substance. The fish have since gone hiding and look really sick now :(

So sad to see the fish go weaker each day now .... :eyeblur:

Got the same experience...

Which is more painful?

a. Paying $$$ for the fish

b. Seeing your AT bullied by Damsels, Bi-Color angels, Hawkfish until fins torn

c. Seeing your AT stuck at the Tunze

d. Seeing you AT pecking on the rocks (and I know I don't have algae on the rocks)

e. All of the above

• SRC Member

Bad news today, my AT finally lost the fight to skin infection.

The fish suffered skin infection after it got struck to the tunze turbelle pump inlet. A ###### force of 3700litres/hr acting on the size of a 20cts coin diameter surface area, the skin is in horrible state. Thought its recovering, but got worst after day 3 and detoriate till last night.

Good news, I will be buying AT again. Ya..from my fav fish shop, Reborn :P

• SRC Member
Bad news today, my AT finally lost the fight to skin infection.

The fish suffered skin infection after it got struck to the tunze turbelle pump inlet. A ###### force of 3700litres/hr acting on the size of a 20cts coin diameter surface area, the skin is in horrible state. Thought its recovering, but got worst after day 3 and detoriate till last night.

Good news, I will be buying AT again. Ya..from my fav fish shop, Reborn :P

Reborn.... have AT???

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png