Iwaki MX 100 final analysis

roidan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P today's findings confirmed the graph that weileong posted some time back...

that yes, at peak wattage, both mx100 and mx70 will draw the same wattage...

but for the same flow rate, the mx70 does draw slightly less wattage than the mx100, although the mx100 can push the same amount of water at a slightly greater height

say my current application of the mx100 draws 228W....if i just swap the pump to a mx70...probably the mx70 would draw around 200W or so......

but yes....luckily singapore is running on 50Hz

no 60Hz mx100 drawing 375W please :P:lol:

post-14-1102046343.jpg

u missing the point by a very long mile ah...

coz some thought it is drawing 375W mah! :lol:

hehe....... sorie sorie. :P but thought we shld be looking at 50Hz which equates to 240W from the specs on the pump.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

look at the hon's ex mx70..

it draws 250W at 50Hz and 375W at 60Hz...

now u know why so much questions over the mx70 and mx100 in the past.....end up mx70 and mx100 draw about the same but the mx100 offers more flow :)

everyone thought mx70 drew 250W at 50Hz and thus for mx100 to draw 240W at 50Hz, it must be a misprint....but no, the sticker is correct...hehehe

MX100 rocks....join the centenary club of the 100s ;):lol:

post-14-1102047453.jpg

His Nov bill is 455.31!!! :sick::nuke:

Anyone higher than this? Come on don't be shy?

I wonder if AT can beat Roidan bill..

yazid, how u get $455.31 har? i juz multiplied 2269 by $0.1653/kwh. never add gst and other stuff. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

yazid, how u get $455.31 har? i juz multiplied 2269 by $0.1653/kwh. never add gst and other stuff. :P

I said his Nov total bill as indicated is $455.31. It is on the top right corner of his bill.

somemore i not running the full iwaki lineup as planned...

the full line up should be using 2 mx100s for my skimmer......and 1 mx100 for returns/miscellanous...

now i am only using 1 mx100 for dual beckett application in my quattro and 1 mx100 for returns/miscellanous

lol...

if really use 2mx100s for my quattro = 480W skimmer...LOL

but ok lah..quite happy with the single mx100 pushing through 2 injectors so far....otherwise really break $500 electric bill mark soon :evil:

• SRC Member
I think AT at his peak consumption should be able to beat mine easily....i am only using 150Watters for lights :lol:

luckily his 1600W is only switched on for a few hours a day..unlike your 24/7 iwakis..

roidan, u are the maddest of them all!!! :lol::lol::lol:

my mom already screaming when the electrical bills increase by $30 due to my small tank... :lol::lol::lol:

anyway, to use 1 mx 100 of 240W to run my quattro, personally i feel it is quite efficient from my point of view....

coz going by wattage per litre of skimming volume,

mine works out to be about

240W/130litres

=1.846 W/litre

quite good already...

I am using the wattage that I am running now on the skimmer divided by the absolute water volume in the skimmer....and yes....i have 130 litres of water in my quattro....you need 86 bottles of 1.5litre soft drink bottles to fill up my quattro :P:lol:

if i run the full quattro operation, it will be

480W/ 130litres

=3.692W / litre

that will be a little too high for my personal preference at this moment :P

i compared with my previous H&S needlewheel

150-F2001 using only 38W...yes...ONLY 38W hor..

but...the volume of water in the skimmer is only around 12litres...around the red region in the picture below..agar agar lah..but u will get my drift..hehe

using 38W to work on 12litres of water gets me

38W/ 12 litres

=3.167 W/litre

compared to my 1.846 W/litre currently.....in other words when u take into context the volume of water, my beckett using mx100 is actually much more efficient than my previous H&S needlewheel..

strange? but true :lol:

post-14-1102062552.jpg