newbie needs help!

jonathan543

• SRC Member

Payment should be made by GIRO, cheque, NETS or Cashcard. No cash payments will be accepted. Fees paid by cheque should be made payable to the ‘Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority’. Each permit is valid for 3 months and for ONE consignment only.

can only import once....

Description of Fees

Rate

CITES Import/Export/Re-export Permit

$12 per species subject to a minimum of $60 per consignment.

Certificate of origin

$27

Permit to export or re-export manufactured products as tourist items or personal effects

$10

Certification of true copy of permit

$8.50

Professional service fee.

(a) $63 per hour or part thereof (office hours).

(B) $133 per hour or part thereof (outside office hours or on an urgent basis).

Technical service fee.

(a) $38 per hour or part thereof (office hours).

(B) $80 per hour or part thereof (outside office hours or on an urgent basis).

still kind of unclear about the service and technical fees leh...

also...forgot to add....captive bred got higher chance of being approved...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:shock: money money money mone....

<_< if strike toto first prize, will import one shipment in :lol:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
waa... if like dat hor, add up everything would be quite ex wor :(

would someone pls tell me where still got sell reidi lei.... or guess me stuck with barbouris & tigertails liao :)

Anyone on Watercirle waiting list? Send several E mails there but never reply. Very Tao!

Guess our immediate hope is there. Got to make them talk and show our enthusiasm.

Hi,

I may have lobang to bring in reidi but order is at least 100pcs. The best part is the price, IT"S US$24 each without shipping cost and clearance permit. I am not sure how many of you are interested. I am currently outstation and won't be back till end next month. I might pay the farm a visit to take photos and learn more about it's breeding method. I also hope that they allow me to personally choose the ###### required for the pool order(if any), at least everyone gets what they want. :D From what I know, they can provide CITES document.

• SRC Member
Hi,

I may have lobang to bring in reidi but order is at least 100pcs. The best part is the price, IT"S US$24 each without shipping cost and clearance permit. I am not sure how many of you are interested. I am currently outstation and won't be back till end next month. I might pay the farm a visit to take photos and learn more about it's breeding method. I also hope that they allow me to personally choose the ###### required for the pool order(if any), at least everyone gets what they want. :D From what I know, they can provide CITES document.

:yeah: cool bro! if u really got the time, i beg u to go see how they raise their seahorses! it be a great benefit to all of us!

as for the reidi..... the best i can do is only 4 reidi.... with the shipping cost and clearance permit... think one reidi will cost ard $80 SGD ba.....

let's hope more pple will be interested in this bulk shipment. ;)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

I am willing to take up to 3-5 pairs of reidi if they are captive bred, depending on the nett price per piece.

Ace, thanks for the initiative and let's hope the order will really come true. It will be a big blessing for seahorse maniacs here :)

Hi Real,

They posted me some photos of their pony about 10-14cm but I lost the pic when my hard disk crash :angry: I need to pay them a visit before i make any purchase, this is to ensure that the source is a reliable one. For this visit, I may add extra $4.5-$5 per horse if the pool order goes through as I need to cover my flight expense. I am not making any profit at all for this order as I feel that the market for seahorse is overprice by local retailer. I don't believe those local seahorse on sales are import by proper channel else, how come the quantity are so little? It doesn't justify the trouble and cost for apply CITIES. So I guess they are making about 5-15 time profit.

My intention right now is to reduce any speculation of prices by local retailer and proper education to the SH keeper that if you can't commit a SH only-tank, forget about buying SH.

I need a volunteer who can provide a large tank to acclimate the SH when it arrives. I have sources for live mysis. And priority is to get it feeding before release to its prospective owner or the best is to get it feeding on frozen before release. I will try to get frozen mysis and distribute it to the rest. This mysis is not the usual Hiraki type. When defost, it whole body of mysis stays intact.

That's why I have some reservation when I suggest this pool order. All proper conditions must be thought out before, because I am not a retailer(not profit driven) but a SH hobbyist. That's all.

• SRC Member

ACE, the SH is WC or CB? is the farm in usa? :huh:

as long as the SH is healthy, i won't mind the colours :P will stick to 2 pairs..... pocket burn big hole doing some upgrading to my system! <_<

• SRC Member
i have 2 3 ft tanks to spare if u guys dont mind...can hold the seahorses

erm.... think e max for 3ft is gonna be 10-20 SH, that's just e holding part, powerful skimmer and filteration is another.... :)

• SRC Member

erm.... think e max for 3ft is gonna be 10-20 SH, that's just e holding part, powerful skimmer and filteration is another.... :)

have a spare macro needlewheel...but if for filtration i only have 4 spare canisters currently....u want can use my aquamedic shorty for them first if u guys want cos my tank currently coping well with my macro...but if u guys feel not enough...then nevermind..just an offer ;);)

• SRC Member

have a spare macro needlewheel...but if for filtration i only have 4 spare canisters currently....u want can use my aquamedic shorty for them first if u guys want cos my tank currently coping well with my macro...but if u guys feel not enough...then nevermind..just an offer ;);)

:whistle alrite that's quite powerful fiteration.... Carry on :lol:

• SRC Member
I have 4 2ft tanks to help in acclimatization if needed. As for the mysis I can contribute, still got one large pack of P.E mysis 70% unused. ;)

haha...i also got 2 2fts...but hor...what i worry is that cos reidi is a big species...2ft unless is tall might not be tall enough for them....whats the height of your 2ft???

btw....i very interested in the live mysis...searching high and low...cannot find...so thought from learning from bro chris low...catch...haha

• SRC Member

for anyone who wants to take up the acclimatising job...this will be useful....gotten specially from an australian seahorse farm..

PREPARATION: 2 tanks plus extra water (described below), small hose, pH test kit, Thermometer, Salinity test-kit,

TWO TANKS ARE REQUIRED. One is their new home, and the other is a small acclimatising tank, which allows the seahorses to slowly adjust to their new conditions.

Please have a tank (their new home) ready to go, set up as follows:

Their New Home:

Volume: >150 L per box of fish purchased.

Aeration to achieve Dissolved Oxygen levels of >95%

Temperature : < 20 degrees C, or <65 degrees F.

Salinity : about 30 ppt.

pH 8.1-8.3

Ammonia, Nitrite – Nil

Something to hold on to – (plastic mesh or artificial plants are fine).

NO corals or Live Rock, NO other fish.

Dedicated system, not sharing water with any other animals.

Though not critical, Seahorses prefer subdued light levels after their long trip – Shade-cloth is fine.

These are the ideal conditions for our Seahorses when they first arrive.

The first 24 hours are critical, where they need TLC.

After this period, when they are all eating, they will be very robust and we at the farm are confident that they will prove to be very valuable additions to your product line.

Acclimatising tank:

Before opening up your fish, have a small tank ready to go, with a small airstone.

Volume –about 20 L per box purchased.

· Empty ALL fish, AND THEIR WATER BAG into this tank. When you add the first bag, you may need to tip the tank up to ensure there is enough depth for swimming.

· When All fish and their water are in this acclimatising tank, connect a small hose from your New seahorse Home to this acclimatising tank, and VERY slowly trickle the new water into acclimatising tank with the fish. This will ensure that the fish adjust slowly to their new conditions.

· The hose should be inserted into the bottom of the tank, to ensure the water is mixing well.

This must be done slowly. Ideally:

For travelling time < 24 hours, acclimatise for at least 1 hour.

For travelling time > 24 hours, acclimatise for at least 3 hours.

· As the acclimatising tank gets full, you will need to take out 4 - 5 L and continue filling.

· Acclimatisation is complete when the Temperature, Salinity and (most importantly) pH are all identical between both tanks.

When this has been achieved, you can transfer your fish into their new home.

• SRC Member

haha...i also got 2 2fts...but hor...what i worry is that cos reidi is a big species...2ft unless is tall might not be tall enough for them....whats the height of your 2ft???

btw....i very interested in the live mysis...searching high and low...cannot find...so thought from learning from bro chris low...catch...haha

well.... it's just to hold and qurantnee the sh for a period of time.... height won't make any dif..... :)

• SRC Member

Hi Decentkid,

Why would you want live shrimps when your horse are feeding well with frozen mysis. It a pain when you need extra tank to house your live shrimp. It doesn't survive well in captivity. Need cool water about 26 Deg C and food to maintain.

One of the spot is at Pasir Ris fishing pond. It was once open to Public for fishing. Now that owner change hand, you can ask if they allow you shrimping. Go up to the last few small ponds. Look closely down around the side bank.

I don't deny the thrill seeing my horses chasing after live shrimps.

• SRC Member
Hi Decentkid,

Why would you want live shrimps when your horse are feeding well with frozen mysis. It a pain when you need extra tank to house your live shrimp. It doesn't survive well in captivity. Need cool water about 26 Deg C and food to maintain.

One of the spot is at Pasir Ris fishing pond. It was once open to Public for fishing. Now that owner change hand, you can ask if they allow you shrimping. Go up to the last few small ponds. Look closely down around the side bank.

I don't deny the thrill seeing my horses chasing after live shrimps.

sad to say..that fishing pond has closed for more then a month already....anyway...i prefer live...cos i can just dump all of them into the tank and let the horses eat as and when they like...so a least they wont go hungry...also...i didnt know how smart they were until i how they attack live shrimps :shock::shock::shock:

• SRC Member
:P prefer them to be smart enough to take frozens! jus thaw, enrich and feed! :lol:

fantastic! but dun think my tank can hold such a big species lei... how much would it take to built a 2x1x2ft tank? would it be sufficient? the bt aquarium shop once held several seahorses in a cramped 1ft tank.... yet the seahorses are breeding... ironic huh? for now i think my tank can oni take in 2pairs of smaller species sh... like barbouris... currently the sh tank's sharing a sump tank filled with ecosystem miracle mud planted with macro algae with my 2ft nano reef tank...

and it's so interesting to feed my alligator pipes with live shrimps.... stealth & fierce sia... lolx