My Tank...

• SRC Member

today is like day 2 of my tank only... nothing much.... juz wanna the experts see... and advice.... the light thing is temp there only....

i noe i abit mafan.... but i got no where else to turn to!!!!

post-6-1062240426.jpg

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

argh.... knew it.... see how noobie am i.... and yesh... u see an overhead filter and an internal filter....

as i said... im new at this.... HELP!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Better put some styrofoam to prevent the tank from slipping off the smooth glass if you shove it accidentally...

By the way, i think the top filter is not very avisable...

Maybe you can tell us what you intent to keep and we help you see how large is your bioload.

• SRC Member

okie... me also not sure... maybe juz one of 2 lion fish?? or maybe even a small clown colony... or tang... juz something small to try with first....

• SRC Member
the styrofoam is for evening out the weight distribution at the bottom of the tank. i dun think u can accidently push a 2ft marine tank off a table top :P

Oops.. Sorry speaking from experience. A few months ago, my dad had a luohan tank and something like that happened... Didn't crash onto the floor but shifted quite a lot when i pushed it.

• SRC Member

bottom muz have been wet. aquaplaned.

lionfish grow very fast very big. unless u get a dwarf lion . and it will mess up your water quite a bit so adequate filtration is a must . clown.. colony? u mean a pair? that would be fine. tang.. dunno

• SRC Member
bottom muz have been wet. aquaplaned.

lionfish grow very fast very big. unless u get a dwarf lion . and it will mess up your water quite a bit so adequate filtration is a must . clown.. colony? u mean a pair? that would be fine. tang.. dunno

aquaplaned siaz... machiam like car lidat.... i think also no ABS... dats why... hiakz hiakz... :P:P:P

• SRC Member

Yeah... No harm giving your tank a slightly more decent filtration. After all you will be able to keep a few more things in the future if you do. By the way can the overhead be replaced by a canister?

• SRC Member
Yeah... No harm giving your tank a slightly more decent filtration. After all you will be able to keep a few more things in the future if you do. By the way can the overhead be replaced by a canister?

erz.... can.... but the problem is... need to buy one first... right???

• SRC Member

I have a spare eheim canister 2213. It maybe good for your tank. Willing to help by releasing at lower price. PM me if you want. Better don't PM too soon i think it would be better to listen to other opinions 1st.

• SRC Member
dun put on those kind of stand... better change it quick...

i almost had a bad experience...luckily my dad spotted it quickly..

care to elaborate further????

okie... me also not sure... maybe juz one of 2 lion fish?? or maybe even a small clown colony... or tang... juz something small to try with first....

lions are predator thus they addalot to bio load........... Anyway remove that overhead filter... useless in marine, suggest you to geta hang on back filter

• SRC Member

dun 1 talk abt it..

make me remove more than half the water in my tank so that I can carry it to a new place..

waste water... waste money... waste effort and time...

juz get a good base for ur tank... confirm no problems for years... :angel: