What These Transparent Spiky 'needles'?

• SRC Member

thought i would like to share my experiences.

recently, i "clean up" a LR in a pile. I removed the LR and there are some small, sand like pieces. I used my fingers to swipe them into a dustbin.

thats where i got those transparent needles in my fingers. I learened the idea of running my poked fingers through my hair here. But i do not want those needles on my head.

So, i sat under a lighted room with a box of tissue. sheet by sheet, i gently brush those needles towards the flow of needles. i.e. use 1 sheet and brush once only, brushing depending on the positions of most needles. for example, if most needles points downwards, stroke the tissue from up to down once only.

hope this will help some of us here.

the moral of this sharing is: do respect the ocean creatures

• SRC Member
thought i would like to share my experiences.

recently, i "clean up" a LR in a pile. I removed the LR and there are some small, sand like pieces. I used my fingers to swipe them into a dustbin.

thats where i got those transparent needles in my fingers. I learened the idea of running my poked fingers through my hair here. But i do not want those needles on my head.

So, i sat under a lighted room with a box of tissue. sheet by sheet, i gently brush those needles towards the flow of needles. i.e. use 1 sheet and brush once only, brushing depending on the positions of most needles. for example, if most needles points downwards, stroke the tissue from up to down once only.

hope this will help some of us here.

the moral of this sharing is: do respect the ocean creatures

use tissue paper huh? gonna try that next time... been using hair n tweezer method..

• SRC Member

Me too. Suspect its bristle worm .....

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :