PH Meter

Batman

For 7 you need to use pH 7 solution and 10 pH 10 solution.

If you're doing that and you are sure the solution are fine that means something wrong with the pH meter already.

Try to soak the pH probe in warm (about 60degs C) water for 15mins. After that try recalibrate again.

i had the same problem as u do abt 2 days ago while i was recalibrating my pH controller. only that i was trying to calibrate between pH 7 & pH 4. i managed to get 7 but not 4. :(

tried weileong's method but doesn't work. ended up buying a pH probe from SLT. everything works fine now. turns out my old pH probe was faulty.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

u are lucky man!!!! Henry helped with it but only to realise something has broken in the meter for "4" - "10".... very very sad, it was a gift from someone, BRANDNEW, I swear that when calibring it, I felt it was not responding until so long that's why posted here & tried WeiLeong's method....has PM the shop & replied was no WARRANTY IF MISHANDLING!!!!! & said agent & themselve have checked???? Personally I feel QC check covers calibring themselve or ????? ANYWAY, if my friend cant get a replace set from THE SHOP, that it!!!!!!!! Once a lifetime we patronise the shop & that was :angry::(:pinch::evil::cry: the time!!!!!!!!

I think maybe misunderstanding with the shop is it?

I would F the shop unside down if they straight away tell me it is not their problem and everything has been check and you buy liao die your problem and don't go back to them because it is all checked when they sell it to you.

• 1 month later...

You should always keep the pH probe wet.

There should be a cover that comes with the probe. After using it, put back that cover. Best to fill with KCl, if not distilled water or tap water (last resort) will work too.

If the probe drys out then the probe could be damaged.

• SRC Member
You should always keep the pH probe wet.

There should be a cover that comes with the probe. After using it, put back that cover. Best to fill with KCl, if not distilled water or tap water (last resort) will work too.

If the probe drys out then the probe could be damaged.

oh dear...i have kept it dry...'cos when i first bought it, it was dry. How will I know that it's damaged?

• SRC Member

salivateforme, i did read from somewhere that if the reading fluctuates it indicates weak batteries...i think its stated in my user guide

i get 7.6 out of my tap

i'm using the yellow milwaukee one

i just calibrated it yesterday with ph7 and 4 solution...what i got is if tune to 4 will get 7.1 with the other solution and if tune to 7 i'll get 3.9. i guess its got sth to do with the solutions themselves because remember that during manufacturing, impurities, mass production of chemicals and different companies have different methods of testing the ph of the solutions they produce so slight discrepencies in ph of solution produced is inevitable

for me, as long as the difference in ph reading between the 2 solutions is around 0.1 it should be fine

• 2 weeks later...

salivateforme, mi also just realise our tap water is not that "neutral" after all.

Bought new pH pen, test with buffer - read 7. Check tap water 8+. SHOCK :shock::shock: , thought meter faulty (very sian today just buy leh). Found out following info from our friendly "neighbour" wersite.

http://www.arowanaclub.com/forum/showthrea...71180#post71180

Tap water reading

Sembawang area is also around 8.5

Sengkang it is around 8.5-8.8

Chua Chu Kang, I tested the PH is 9.1 to 9.3

Wonder if anyone has test their tap water pH reading???

Guess cannot use tap water to gauge pH liao. unless willing to wait 4 H20 2 age....