How To Remove Ricodea From Rock...

Bought my piece of multi coloured ricodea from ML (the first batch).

When i tried to plce it on a nice prominent spot, it gets blow away, so i secure it at a groove with little current. Now when I start to buy corals and want to move it away to a more prominent spot, it is already stuck in the groove :blink: I tried digging it out , but seems like the base of the mushroom is firmly stuck

How can I remove it from the spot that it is attached to...dun tell me to hack my rock hor :lol:

Also, how do you guys secure it at a nice spot untill it is rooted, so that i doesn't get blown away? :unsure:

Jim

learnt a method today from a forum expert....

1)put it near powerhead...let it be blown away again...

2)then select a small rock ....

3)put it in a small container where no current can really blow the ricordea away again,

4)the ricordea will stick to the that small rock...once its done....

5)can take that rock and super glue it to a larger rock you like...

I just glued my 3 ricordeas onto a rock....really nice... :)

now they are a little small again after I took them out to glue to the rock.....er...forgot to remind you...dun touch the glue and touch your ricordeas.....it burns them...so be very careful...and dun apply too much ....a little will do...get a little of your tank water...allow the chemical to wash off before putting back into your tank.....I will monitor the next few days to see if there is any side effect.....our expert has tried it...no prob....

post-6-1062346842.jpg

deepblue: what kind of glue you use? silicon? how long do you let the glue dry before you rinse it and put the rock back into the tank? meanwhile the mushroom can tahan being out of the water?

I took the mushroom out..I dried the base of the small rock it was attached to...apply the glue and stick to the bigger rock.. its super glue(shelly's) so dry very fast...after less than a mintue...took a some water from my tank...lower the whole piece into the comtainer....let whatever chemical....alcohol substance 'float' away and it goes back into the tank....less than 3 mn...no problem for mushrooms lah.....

Again: credit method taught to me by fellow exp. reefer....no credit at all of mine.....hope everyone can continue to share their little tricks :)

If not sure...dun try...I am monitoring the ricordeas for the next few days, then I will update their status...can wait and see got side effect before U try lah..... I'll post their pic again in a week's time :D

• SRC Member

Dont worry abt the ricodea out of water . As that method only need less then 5min to 10min .. Use can also use super glue in gel form brand 3M ..

To remove the ricodea by using PH method erm would acctually give u more growth :) which is good cos u can sell frag (hehe)

reason : they would just detach and leaving behind some flesh and start a new bud or growth..

try this method which works for tanzy :) use ice cube and rub it against the ricodea on its foot. it should detach .. dont or never pull it out or dig unless u wan it DEAD .. or if itis a total pest ..

u could also use a small netting to cover over ur ricodea and secure it with rubber band for about 4 to 5 day to get it to attach to a LR ...