• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Wah...nice 2 footer.

So how big will your new tank be?

ps: anymore sps for sale bo? :P

new tank is 4.5 footer....thank to a reefer here for his tank..... ;)

this time round, I'll keep the SPS....however, will also be building a frag/prop tank....so if you can wait another 6 months.....maybe will have SPS for trade by then.... ;)

i will sell away all the equipments as a set and possibly includes all the softies, crabs, snail, rocks, sand....etc....but will definately move my clams and SPS to my new tank.... :lol: fishes, might let go the monk tang, but priorty will be given to those who can take care if it vs $$$$.... :P

this time round, I'll keep the SPS....however, will also be building a frag/prop tank....so if you can wait another 6 months.....maybe will have SPS for trade by then.... ;)

i will sell away all the equipments as a set and possibly includes all the softies, crabs, snail, rocks, sand....etc....but will definately move my clams and SPS to my new tank.... :lol: fishes, might let go the monk tang, but priorty will be given to those who can take care if it vs $$$$.... :P

Hopefully i will be in time to sweep all your zoos :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Bro, for good stuffs ,wait 6 month is still worth it..... ;)

• SRC Member
Care to show how's the filtration and water circulation like? :thanks:

hahaha...filteration is by Zoevit in a cannister......skimming is by a dingy weipro 2012 powered by a 1000l ehiem pump (purposely underpowered to keep micro-bubbles min.)

Circulation is via a Sieo 820 hidden behind the rocks and boucing of the back of the tank.....rocks are place strategically to direct the flow to each SPS.....that is why you would notice only 1 side of the tank has SPS while the other softies....

I believe that the flow of water is just as important as water parameters and lightings.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
unfortuantely me last fish is a Kole-eye tang.....but too camera shy, will try to get a pic of him tonight....:)

At last finally able to get his pictures.....Kole eye....one of my fav now....cute fellow, alway follows what the monk tang eat...but whole time kanne chase by monk tang if he catches him stealing food..... :lol:

post-34-1106556888.jpg

• SRC Member

reason why i'm afriad of keeping the newly arrived SPS.....there are about 3 times the amount of what you see here acting as live rocks in my tank..... :paiseh:

somehow i find that old browned out corals that have stayed for weeks in LFS or reefers that a better bet..... :P

my record so far....suvialbility of:

:- brightly color SPS from LFS- 40%

:- SPS from other reefer - 75%

:- brown SPS - 80%....

any bro experiencing the same thing????

post-34-1106559639.jpg

• SRC Member
I guess your water parameter are still not suitable enough for sps.... what are your water parameter like??

KH 8

CA 380~400

NH4 = 0

No2 = 0

N03 = 0

Sal 1.025....:P

got my dimension wrong....its 2x1x1 ... only 10g....death is usally results of chiller break down or zoevit overdoes...in a way you are right....parameter can be kept good most of the time....but 10g is too little a volume so everything and anything affects its stability - lots of time i have to wake up in the middle of the night or rush home early from work to ensure things are working perfectly.....hopefully will have an easier time with a 100g tank...... :D