Is 2ft FOWLR tank too small?

• SRC Member

Thinking of setting up a 2ft FOWLR tank. Mainly will be to keep 1 majestic, 1 coral beauty, 1-2 tangs, a trigger, couple of clown fishes.

Any one using a 2ft FOWLR? Is this too small? Coz I have a spare 2ft tank and not planning to throw it away and buy a 3ft tank for now.

• SRC Member
You asked these type of question sure get tons of answer telling you 2ft is way too small :P

Actually I'm asking because I want to find excuse to throw away my 2ft and get another 6ft for FOWLR. hehehe

No lah.. economy is bad....and no space for another 6ft liao. Just stick to a 2ft law... But your 2ft is twice the size of my 2ft since yours is square tank.

Thinking of setting up a 2ft FOWLR tank. Mainly will be to keep 1 majestic, 1 coral beauty, 1-2 tangs, a trigger, couple of clown fishes.

Any one using a 2ft FOWLR? Is this too small? Coz I have a spare 2ft tank and not planning to throw it away and buy a 3ft tank for now.

:idea:

Go trigger fish ah..

Go for 4x2x2 with some softy. :peace:

Cool man...

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i believe urs is the common 2 ft 2X1X1.5, which is too small for majestic + tangs somemore u dun hav a sump....

if u wanna keep a FOWLR in that, keep small n simple fishes like a couple of clownfishes or a few damsels, firstly, u dun realli hav to care so much abt ur bioload, u can just change its water using ur main tank water and when bioload is low, simple equipments and stuffs will do ;).... a specimen onli tank can be realli intersting too!

• SRC Member

Hi ....

i used to have a 2.5ft by 2ft by 18" tank....

well kept for quite some time ... FOWLR .. hmmm seems to be ok :D

but due to NS got to de-com the whole thing.. BUT ..ORD soon lor.. started a new tank ( cycle stage... still a long way ) :P

the pics below is wat i kept during that time ( plus some fishes i can't manage for a family photo but most of them are in ).. everything is fine .. :P

cheers :)

post-8-1107837114.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi ....

i used to have a 2.5ft by 2ft by 18" tank....

well kept for quite some time ... FOWLR .. hmmm seems to be ok :D

but due to NS got to de-com the whole thing.. BUT ..ORD soon lor.. started a new tank ( cycle stage... still a long way ) :P

the pics below is wat i kept during that time ( plus some fishes i can't manage for a family photo but most of them are in ).. everything is fine .. :P

cheers :)

Hey! Really nice fishes... luv that niger trigger! btw, won't your triggers pick on the lobster? My picasso finished up my red reef lobster within a week, leaving behind only a heap of shell...

• SRC Member

Hey! Really nice fishes... luv that niger trigger! btw, won't your triggers pick on the lobster? My picasso finished up my red reef lobster within a week, leaving behind only a heap of shell...

Hi ...

oh the trigger veri peaceful one... it the blue lobster that kept disturbing the trigger whenever it has a chance...........

the trigger quite tame but would give a nasty bite cos once i was picking up something from the tank.. it gave me a bite and cause two small hole on my hand ...

:D

post-8-1107965997.jpg