Post your dwarfs/pygmy angels here

• SRC Member
ya locking up a acanthurus in a 3ft compared to a 6-7foot is a lot of diff hor. No wonder the acanthurus gone bonkus after getting locked up in 3ft tank.

This is exceptional case as you drive the acanthurus crazy, human factor ah :P

Well, look @ it this way. If you have a empty 3' tank with 3' width and 3' depth than there would be more swimming space for it. But if you're going to stock up corals all the way up to the wall. Most likely the acanthurus will go bonkers without enough space to swim.

But who is going to keep marine fish like arowana style?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya locking up a acanthurus in a 3ft compared to a 6-7foot is a lot of diff hor. No wonder the acanthurus gone bonkus after getting locked up in 3ft tank.

This is exceptional case as you drive the acanthurus crazy, human factor ah :P

actually if you compare.. no difference one... unless you talking abt 15-20feet(oh ya tangs territory is still bigger than this tank size) with 1 or 2 tangs den i maybe nothing to say

Got ppl keep 6 Acanthurus in a 6ft tank? wow! Wonder how big the skimmer is considering the amount of bioload that is. Will the tank crash cos of snail spawn too?

Yup with lousy undersize skimmer any thing spawn would result in almost crash or crash situation.... 6 fish in 6 feet tank... many.... One good example is someone keeping quite a few(if not wrong more than 6) tangs that has the potential to grow into 2feet into a 4by 4 by2 tank ;););) Oh ya skimmer is the well known Red sea berlin :lol::lol:

actually if you compare.. no difference one... unless you talking abt 15-20feet(oh ya tangs territory is still bigger than this tank size) with 1 or 2 tangs den i maybe nothing to say

I dunno lei.. my tank only 4ft yet my tangs never touch my corals one. Why? Because I feed them full full, nice nice tasty food.

tang poo or snails spawning don't crash my tank got my skimmer got reserved capacity to handle the spike :P

• SRC Member

I dunno lei.. my tank only 4ft yet my tangs never touch my corals one. Why? Because I feed them full full, nice nice tasty food.

tang poo or snails spawning don't crash my tank got my skimmer got reserved capacity to handle the spike :P

Lai liao loh! big big skimmer loh.... :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, but I think skimmer is very important unless you are that hardworking as to change 1 x 25g every once a week like one of my friend. With lesser bioload may be once every month.

Thats why i say the tang eating coral case does not happen to everyone <_<<_<<_< if fact most ppl tangs dun eat thier corals.... how come nv happen to me, i dunno :lol::lol::lol:

Lai liao loh! big big skimmer loh.... :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, but I think skimmer is very important unless you are that hardworking as to change 1 x 25g every once a week like one of my friend. With lesser bioload may be once every month.

No need giant skimmers lar. Just get a skimmer that is good for your bioload with extra capacity to handle any spike will do.

• SRC Member

Thats why i say the tang eating coral case does not happen to everyone <_<<_<<_< if fact most ppl tangs dun eat thier corals.... how come nv happen to me, i dunno :lol::lol::lol:

Which and how many tangs have you attempted? How many died within a few weeks and how many ate your corals? How many survived for more than 6 months? :)

ok lah...to sum it all, i think we have to apply common sense when it comes to this issue lah.

one should not put a 1ft fish in a 2ft tank for example..

and when one puts a 1inch fish in a 2ft tank, he should apply common sense when to give it up to a bigger home before it has no space to grow properly :)

let common sense prevail :)

Yup but no difference with 3 and 4 one lah.... den compare 4 to tangs territory even worst right.... wah you prejudice against 3 feet ah :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Where got no difference?

You see your tang survival record and my tang survival record then the difference is there liao lor.

But back to the topic of dwarf...... lol

Next one must cheong flameback liao kekekekeke

Which and how many tangs have you attempted? How many died within a few weeks and how many ate your corals? How many survived for more than 6 months? :)

well i did try a few... I suauly dun keep them pass 6months reason.. get too large sell loh... If you notice i sell alot of my tangs in market place.... a few died if not wrong but all not within few weeks keep them for months before up lorry except AT :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

well i did try a few... I suauly dun keep them pass 6months reason.. get too large sell loh... If you notice i sell alot of my tangs in market place.... a few died if not wrong but all not within few weeks keep them for months before up lorry except AT :lol::lol::lol:

Bro, tell me if I am reading this wrongly. You kept an AT in a 3ft Tank? and you are the 'Offical SRC Tang police'? Kopi license ah? ;)

• SRC Member

Where got no difference?

You see your tang survival record and my tang survival record then the difference is there liao lor.

Excuse me. Where do you intend to cheong for flameback? African or Brazilian?

Where got no difference?

Bro whose ever record also jia lat one lah.... even though mine is worst than yours.... There could be another reason is that you have a hospital tank i dun have(dun have that kind of space, id i anyhow set up tub here and there, mums gonna kill me).. any tangs sick just hypo... BTW most tangs(95%) died due to ich and 2 known method to cure ich is copper and hypo.... so if you got tank to hypo chances are the fish will recover

Bro, tell me if I am reading this wrongly. You kept an AT in a 3ft Tank? and you are the 'Offical SRC Tang police'? Kopi license ah? ;)

That guy was juv.. i did tried on impulse(that one i admit :P ).... it died and i dun go for more..... No AT for us just like what bro scarab say haha very stressful....

Bro whose ever record also jia lat one lah.... even though mine is worst than yours.... There could be another reason is that you have a hospital tank i dun have(dun have that kind of space, id i anyhow set up tub here and there, mums gonna kill me).. any tangs sick just hypo... BTW most tangs(95%) died due to ich and 2 known method to cure ich is copper and hypo.... so if you got tank to hypo chances are the fish will recover

Oh sorry hor.....

When tang fever hits me I don't have hospital tank yet. Fish come in throw direct into the 4ft. Then I apply PnP (Pray aNd Pray) tatic. Blue tang, AT, Yellow Tang, salifin etc etc all throw in directly. Oh ya Sohal up lorry in my tank, not scared to tell you. Too small for it lor. I heard someone also add sohal to 3ft tank?? :blink::blink::blink:

Now the fish in my FOWLR then I use hospital tank one. So get the facts right don't get the wrong idea.

Neokn, anything lar, as long as flame back lol..... which LFS got I cheong where liao. Got hospital tank ma no scared :P

That guy was juv.. i did tried on impulse(that one i admit :P ).... it died and i dun go for more..... No AT for us just like what bro scarab say haha very stressful....

I heard it was same batch as Roidan's AT, same size and same big tear drop one.

Total 3 pc for that shipment. Only Roidan's one still kicking :P