Kokhui's 4X1.5X1.5

kokhui

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I used NSW and cycle for 2 weeks with skimmer on and lights off before introducing the corals and my clown and scooter blenny.

I had no idea about cycling the guy who came to setup for me told me and I follow.. B)

hm...what i'm asking is the date you started stocking :lol:

No time frame was mentioned by A. Calfo in "The Book of Coral Propagation Vol 1". ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
cos u and i just started our tanks

so i wanna compare the rates at which we stock up

i feel i'm stocking abit slow

so jus wanna ask around

do you mind telling me when you started stocking?

Bought the tank in Nov 04, cycle with NSW for 2 weeks, started to buy 2 corals and 4 fish after the 2 weeks of cycling.

That make amy tank to be about 3 months old, roughly.

• SRC Member
oh, i noticed sth...why no fish brother?

Oh, sorry that the picture you may not see any fish. The fish that I have are all very small ones. They are,

Scooter Blenny (X2 - 1 big and 1 small)

1 Algae blenny

1 yellow strip maroon clown

1 blue streak goby

1 brown dot hawkfish

1 fire goby

2 chromis

Wanted to try out smaller fish and get them used to the environment before introducing the bigger ones. However, currently I am quite happy with them only. With the construct of my tank, I do not want to have high bioload and then stuck with nitrate problems lah. Something I learnt from SRC! :D

BTW, I only feed them once a day after work with Ocean nutrtion flake and pellet food (thanks to Goldian's advice). Phytoplanthon and zoo planthons on alternate days for the corals. Hope I am not starving them!

• SRC Member
oh dear, my tank started earlier and took same time to cycle

i think i'm behind on my stocking ermm.gif

bro...where do u usually get your corals from?

they look very healthy

Thanks, the first 3 corals I got from Har****** @ somewher near Lavender street. Long time never go ther liao! The rest of the corals are from fellow reefers. I will come to them soon!

• SRC Member

Green prata from Sugi also! Begining to be my most interesting coral! I like to feed the pellet food to my fish by dropping them above the water surface directly above the prata. This fellow will curl up and eat the food! Consider target feeding?

post-34-1106668822.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice scaping. I had a similar tank filteration like yours (2.5ft) but gotten out of hand after 2 mths due to overstocking I believe and algae blooms now fighting it...so sad. How envious to see yours doing so fine...

IMHO, for this type of filteration, better track water condition closely and take action b4 it breaks free...

Cheers

• SRC Member
s rusty giving up?

seems like he sold lots of things to u

hey...isn't flower pot one of the goniopora family of corals?

No lah, he is actively in the hobby and doing very well. He was just clearing some space then! As for me, I have gotten myself a friend and some good deals! :D

• SRC Member
Nice scaping. I had a similar tank filteration like yours (2.5ft) but gotten out of hand after 2 mths due to overstocking I believe and algae blooms now fighting it...so sad. How envious to see yours doing so fine...

IMHO, for this type of filteration, better track water condition closely and take action b4 it breaks free

Thanks bro for your advice. Yes I am tracking the water parameter weekly and trying to resist from overstocking. Sometimes I stop and think am I working for the tank or is the aqquarium suppose to bring joy and relaxation for me?

Anyway, if the aquarium and the LS inside are well, I believe this is where I derive my satisfaction from! Cheers