Kokhui's 4X1.5X1.5

kokhui

• SRC Member

Thanks bro for your advice. Yes I am tracking the water parameter weekly and trying to resist from overstocking. Sometimes I stop and think am I working for the tank or is the aqquarium suppose to bring joy and relaxation for me?

Anyway, if the aquarium and the LS inside are well, I believe this is where I derive my satisfaction from! Cheers

i beleive for many of us we are working very hard for the tank

but the satisfaction is great :lol:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hey kokhui, what seio model are you using?

I am using SEIO 620.

I had initially bought a used 820 but still too strong, blowing until my jewel cannot take it so sold off and bought a 620 instead. Seems ok I think? You think so too?

• SRC Member

I am using SEIO 620.

I had initially bought a used 820 but still too strong, blowing until my jewel cannot take it so sold off and bought a 620 instead. Seems ok I think? You think so too?

wa bro...620 for a 4 footer its abit too weak

potential dead spots in tank very high

if i were u, i'd suggest getting seio 1100

the current in my tank is very high due to my tunze

from what i see and what i've read, high circulation is good because it distributes oxygen, promotes coralline growth, distributes food and it also prevents nuisance algae from growing

• SRC Member

I think this came from a LR that I bought from Diabolus! Thanks to bro Moxa for selling some LR to me when he had booked all and even allow me to take first! I owe you one bro Moxa!

I think it is a mushroom. Not too sure, Can some bro ID for me?

post-34-1106670269.jpg

• SRC Member
wa bro...620 for a 4 footer its abit too weak

potential dead spots in tank very high

if i were u, i'd suggest getting seio 1100

the current in my tank is very high due to my tunze

from what i see and what i've read, high circulation is good because it distributes oxygen, promotes coralline growth, distributes food and it also prevents nuisance algae from growing

Bro,

I will like to agree with you but somehow I see the flow is very great already. There is one more opening beside the overflow for water circulation. See the white opening at the back of the tank?

post-34-1106670426.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro,

I will like to agree with you but somehow I see the flow is very great already. There is one more opening beside the overflow for water circulation. See the white opening at the back of the tank?

oh cool!

for me a guage of enough current is the current keeps the food circulating and prevents it from touching on the sand bed!

as long as you feel its enough...that's most important!

• SRC Member
oh cool!

for me a guage of enough current is the current keeps the food circulating and prevents it from touching on the sand bed!

as long as you feel its enough...that's most important

Thanks bro, to minimise food from touching the bottom, I feed very little, enough for the fish to eat in 5 minutes or so. I also cut off all pumps while feeding. Usually only little food is left uneaten. I think I really feed too little? :ooh:

• SRC Member
I think this came from a LR that I bought from Diabolus! Thanks to bro Moxa for selling some LR to me when he had booked all and even allow me to take first! I owe you one bro Moxa!

I think it is a mushroom. Not too sure, Can some bro ID for me?

eh kokhui,

dat mushie is red.

take good care of it!

:lol:

if it propogate,remember to pass me back a frag!

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hi yiling,

I am very grateful for the compliments I have for my tank. Frankly, speaking, I think my tank , the way it si constructed, is not sufficient for a reef tank, more suitable for FW aquarium, IMO.

As I get more and more into this hobby, I think the usual type of tank with an overflow box, sump, refrigum, some powerful skimmer, powerful powerheads will be better! Well, all comes with a cost though!

I guess I am the type of person who likes to assemble things together! My tank's space is also limited in width and height. No doubt I do not need to use high end lightings due to the shallow depth but this limits me to just few choices for LS and corals! I even thought of putting in a sump tank with refrigum at the cabinet below but gave up the idea after much thought.

I will use this tank as a first step into marine aquarium hobby and move on to a deeper, broader more classic design later on!

IMO, if you are thinking of custom making some tank, look at some of the guy's design, like Deepblue, Dispar Anthias, Gouldian, Sugi or Rav65 etc. Their tanks are my inspiration!

"When I go up, I just want to be like them!!!"

:bow:

Hi yiling,

I am very grateful for the compliments I have for my tank. Frankly, speaking, I think my tank , the way it si constructed, is not sufficient for a reef tank, more suitable for FW aquarium, IMO.

As I get more and more into this hobby, I think the usual type of tank with an overflow box, sump, refrigum, some powerful skimmer, powerful powerheads will be better! Well, all comes with a cost though!

I guess I am the type of person who likes to assemble things together! My tank's space is also limited in width and height. No doubt I do not need to use high end lightings due to the shallow depth but this limits me to just few choices for LS and corals! I even thought of putting in a sump tank with refrigum at the cabinet below but gave up the idea after much thought.

I will use this tank as a first step into marine aquarium hobby and move on to a deeper, broader more classic design later on!

IMO, if you are thinking of custom making some tank, look at some of the guy's design, like Deepblue, Dispar Anthias, Gouldian, Sugi or Rav65 etc. Their tanks are my inspiration!

"When I go up, I just want to be like them!!!"

:bow:

:lol::lol::lol: grow up?? I think i am way way younger than you.... No need inspire lah, your tank is nice the way it is.... a tanks have their special point ;););)

• SRC Member
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif grow up?? I think i am way way younger than you.... No need inspire lah, your tank is nice the way it is.... a tanks have their special point wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Cheers bro, I knew that you are much younger than me interms of age! :cry2:

That was just one Quote that I learnt from my American mentor at work.

BTW, you sre much more experienced than me in the marine arena! I respect you bro!

:rolleyes:

Cheers bro, I knew that you are much younger than me interms of age! :cry2:

That was just one Quote that I learnt from my American mentor at work.

BTW, you sre much more experienced than me in the marine arena! I respect you bro!

;););) kudos to you... my tank ntohign kuch.. hgo leanrt from bro deepblue and the rest, their tank are POWER

• SRC Member
Yes I am tracking the water parameter weekly and trying to resist from overstocking. Sometimes I stop and think am I working for the tank or is the aqquarium suppose to bring joy and relaxation for me?

Anyway, if the aquarium and the LS inside are well, I believe this is where I derive my satisfaction from! Cheers

Kokhui, nice reef you have.

Although you mentioned that you did not do your research before jumping into this hobby, I believe you have since put in a lot of effort and I can see this by looking at your tank. Congratulations!

I must also compliment you on your ability to resist overstocking. Not many reefers (me included) can resist the temptation to buy "just one more fish, I promise". :lol:

If we all can just keep our stocking levels in check, I believe we won't have to worry so much about the tank. Ideally, our tanks should be an almost "self-contained" eco-system that requires as little human intervention as possible. But then again, this is rarely possible.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

• SRC Member
Kokhui, nice reef you have.

Although you mentioned that you did not do your research before jumping into this hobby, I believe you have since put in a lot of effort and I can see this by looking at your tank. Congratulations!

I must also compliment you on your ability to resist overstocking. Not many reefers (me included) can resist the temptation to buy "just one more fish, I promise". laugh.gif

If we all can just keep our stocking levels in check, I believe we won't have to worry so much about the tank. Ideally, our tanks should be an almost "self-contained" eco-system that requires as little human intervention as possible. But then again, this is rarely possible.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers

Thanks William, you are very kind.

I will always remember you for your advice on the "Smell test" for choosing corals! Whenever I see you threads, somehow this image of a guy smelling the corals come to my mind!

I like your setup very much too! Glad to be learning from you. Cheers! :lol: