Your nick in SRC...

diabolus

For me, Gouldian is the name of one of the most difficult pet I ever kept until Marine! :evil::evil:

Gouldian Finch, it is not really a difficult to keep bird once you get the hang of it, what is most difficult is breeding it. The furthest I ever gone is have clutches after clutches of un-fertilized eggs - did not dare to try Vaigra.

Gouldian Finch is named by naturalist Sir John Gould dedicated to his wife thus the actual name should be Lady Gouldian Finch. He left England to Australia to document the wildlives and I guess he must have thought of he wife when he saw this bird. ;)

Anyway for those who are curious to how the Gouldian Finch looks like, you can either look at the logo of Viewsonic or the below photo.

So why did I have a dog as my Avatar????? That will be answered in another episode. So Stay tuned..... :yeah::lol::D:P

post-11-1106989110.jpg

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the dog in his avatar...

dats becos he's in love with my dog.

:lol:

I only like the dog, I am not in love with it leh. :lol::lol:

People misunderstand how?????? :lol::lol:

Anyway that dog is known as a Boston Terrier, it was breed for the city of Boston's Apartment Lifestyles. So I guess it is one of the best dog to keep in HDB as opposed to the ever popular Jack Russell. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

I only like the dog, I am not in love with it leh. :lol::lol:

People misunderstand how?????? :lol::lol:

Anyway that dog is known as a Boston Terrier, it was breed for the city of Boston's Apartment Lifestyles. So I guess it is one of the best dog to keep in HDB as opposed to the ever popular Jack Russell. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

For me, Gouldian is the name of one of the most difficult pet I ever kept until Marine! :evil::evil:

Gouldian Finch, it is not really a difficult to keep bird once you get the hang of it, what is most difficult is breeding it. The furthest I ever gone is have clutches after clutches of un-fertilized eggs - did not dare to try Vaigra.

Gouldian Finch is named by naturalist Sir John Gould dedicated to his wife thus the actual name should be Lady Gouldian Finch. He left England to Australia to document the wildlives and I guess he must have thought of he wife when he saw this bird. ;)

Anyway for those who are curious to how the Gouldian Finch looks like, you can either look at the logo of Viewsonic or the below photo.

So why did I have a dog as my Avatar????? That will be answered in another episode. So Stay tuned..... :yeah::lol::D:P

I like this thread. thks gouldian for explaining and broadening my general knowledge. was wondering what it meant.

As for myself, i call myself acroporidae becos i like the polyps of the acroporidae. I could not convince myself to "polyp". or corallites...

:look:

• SRC Member
I selected mine cos I like the marque and its racing heritage. :) Once you get bitten by the serpent, there is no turning back! :)

Bro,

urs is pretty obvious rite? :lol:

btw, i love the 156...especially dat 156 GT in my carpark!

• SRC Member

hey i got that toy, its right on my shelf. I used to love this diablo alot. Once used his nick for my online gaming but that was like 4 yrs back?

Used "LaW" because my name its Lawrence. Everyone address me as LaW for their convenience.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Wah Bro, if u didn't explain, I though Gouldian is a dog! :upsidedown:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

because... yr name is patrick... and you are one hundred and twenty-three years old?

Actually all this while I thought you are from Muar and your surname is Chee. Cuz it never came across to me that a guy will like a soft dessert as a nick. :lol::lol::lol: No offense bro. ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

Actually all this while I thought you are from Muar and your surname is Chee. Cuz it never came across to me that a guy will like a soft dessert as a nick. :lol::lol::lol: No offense bro. ;)

Muar chee is nice!!! the dessert I mean! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg