Database of LFS

salivateforme

• SRC Member

Nice... great information for new reefers. May I suggest put in LFS operating hours and link to streetdirectory will be better. ;) Good job.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
Nice... great information for new reefers. May I suggest put in LFS operating hours and link to streetdirectory will be better. ;) Good job.

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback. If you clicked on the LFS name, you would see the operating hours. Admittedly, though, I don't have the complete info. Most of it is based on the excel file that one reefer here created. All credit to him.

Those who LFS-hop a lot and can't bear the inaccurate info on my database should PM me and I'll definitely grant acccess to do updates...;)

• SRC Member

OIC... nice... got rating some more... lol

Just wondering how the ratings are decided?

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
OIC... nice... got rating some more... lol

Just wondering how the ratings are decided?

Generally speaking, the rating is based on user input.

The calculation itself is a generic system which I obtained from the web.

Might be controvosial, though, I'll give you that. But should serve as a rough guide to new reefers.

If any abuse of the rating system is apparent, I'll think about removing it.

• SRC Member
This is very very useful for a lot of us :) Thanks for the effort! :)

Disclaimer:

This database is strictly neutral. The service is free-of-charge and voluntary. It is not used only by members of this forum, but also members of other marine forums. Thus, information is gleaned from multiple sources and other local forums.

I seek your kind understanding in this. :)

===========

If you have any suggestions for improvements, do let me know. I'll find the time to implement them.

Regards

• SRC Member

Hi guys. I have received numerous PMs telling me that some of the info is outdated. I'd appreciate it if you could provide the exact info so that I can update it immediately, without going through the hassle of searching for the info.

For the life of me, though, I can't seem to find the latest info on Bio-Ocean Aquarix. Please help. :)

happy new year

• SRC Member

If I put link to streetdirectory, will I have any copyright issues with them? Heard they've been sueing the pants off businesses. Can anyone confirm 100% what is the deal?

• SRC Member

I think putting a link to their site is ok. But they will sue if their map pics are used in other ppl's site...usually by companies showing how to reach their place.

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
I think putting a link to their site is ok. But they will sue if their map pics are used in other ppl's site...usually by companies showing how to reach their place.

One of the clauses:

Subject to this Clause 2, You may only hyperlink a website registered in Your name to the homepage of the URL. Unless specifically authorized in writing by VM and subject to such terms as VM may then specify, You are specifically prohibited from effecting any such hyperlinking that:

will or may have the effect of by-passing the homepage of the URL, thereby linking directly or otherwise to any page or sub-page or any part of the Services or Contents or item in respect of the same within the URL, that VM intends to be accessed or is ordinarily accessible only via means such as through or in conjunction with the homepage of the URL and/or in respect of any linking to specific items comprising part of the Contents, in combination with any other Contents ("Deep-linking");

====

Will Only include map feature if confirmed no liability

• SRC Member

One of the clauses:

Subject to this Clause 2, You may only hyperlink a website registered in Your name to the homepage of the URL. Unless specifically authorized in writing by VM and subject to such terms as VM may then specify, You are specifically prohibited from effecting any such hyperlinking that:

will or may have the effect of by-passing the homepage of the URL, thereby linking directly or otherwise to any page or sub-page or any part of the Services or Contents or item in respect of the same within the URL, that VM intends to be accessed or is ordinarily accessible only via means such as through or in conjunction with the homepage of the URL and/or in respect of any linking to specific items comprising part of the Contents, in combination with any other Contents ("Deep-linking");

====

Will Only include map feature if confirmed no liability

Those bastards @#$%%^...... <_<

If you want to strictly adhere to the clause then better dont hyperlink to the sub pages... but IMO I dont think they will sue personal webpages like yours... will give warning first.

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

Okay, I spent the past 2 days calling up all the LFS, and collected their operating hours and any other missing info. Several LFS still hasn't opened from the Lunar new year holidays, but I shall deal with them later.

By and large, the database is updated excpet for these:

Hawaii Marine Fish

Reef World

Sentosa Pte Ltd

I neither have the correct telephone numbers of the above, nor can I find them in the online phone book.

Anyone know anything about them?

http://reef.web-genesis.net/