help on mini beckett!!

anthonykoh

post-17-1108620173.jpg

Two problems with your skimmer installation from wat I can see.

Your elbow is higher than the neck of the skimmer so this will lead to very wet skimmate. Seems like you need to raise your skimmer if not because of the height of the elbow you need to close the air valve to prevent flooding of your skimmer. But because you closed too much so the bubble density is not there and in fact very miserable for a beckett.

The elbow should be repalced with a Tee else you get unstable water level.

May want to consider what WeiLeong has advised.....this is my mini beckett that is driven by MD40... the valve control is too tight....so the bubble density becomes weak...

check out the chamber...full 'white' and bubbles are pretty tiny and closely packed...

post-17-1108645446.jpg

You need time for the skimmer to break in.

Did you wash the skimmer with warm water to remove those chemicals in the skimmer material? Since never do it then I suggest you leave it alone.

It will take sometime to break in properly. Until then, no skimmate yet.

Meanwhile have you replace the elbow with the Tee yet?

changing the pump might not be the solution...in fact I am not sure MD55 will make it perform better...

I have seen MD55 on a 6inch wideand 32 inch tall body working very well....if yours is a stardard model without add-on....may be an overkill for such a small chamber.

BTW, my skimmer took 2 weeks to break in, I didnt do what WL suggested...YOu might want to consider that as well ;)

oh yah, My MD40 is the resun type....low humming sound. yet to strike TOTO to get the iwakis... I am a budget reefer ;)

finally... I found out what is the cause!! Most pro the PUMP

The irritating loud sqeaking sound just went off and the skimate still to form... Maybe some out of alignment which caused the performance to decrease.. However, the noise still come back once a while!

But it is still leaking <_< Have'nt get my MD55 yet boring

will post a pic tonight.. Thanks for everyone who reponse to my SOS