5ft setup for sale

Nickel

• SRC Member

I am selling the below tank setup due to lost of job and the need to focus on my life for time being.

Specifications as follows :

Tanks (full euro-braced and glass-in-silicon edges) :

Main tank : 5x2x2.5(H) 12mm glass thickness

Specimen tank (for SH, non-reef-safe LS): almost 2 ft cube 10mm glass thickness

Sumps : 2 units of interconnected and self-balancing sumps

Cabinet/canopy :

Canopy : top-lifting with levers, designed to house 3xSE MH, artinic tubes, fans.

Cabinet : Chennai wood structure with marine ply sides.

Above for $1.5K only. Tank less than 1 year in operation.

Optional items :

- 1262 and 1260 Eheim pumps

- 2 x 250W MH lights

- TS7 tunze set

- 0.5HP Pacific Coo chiller

- >150kg of LRs

- and many more equipment and LS/corals.

T&Cs :

1. Buyer of tank will have priority to buy optional items.

2. Optional items not needed by tank buyer will be up for sale after tank is sold.

3. Tank can be taken after LR and LS are sold.

4. Transportation not included. Buyer to arrange though I can assist to co-ordinate.

5. No reservations without deposits.

6. I reserve the right to withdraw sales without notice.

Interested parties pls PM me if needed more details/info. Appreciate for all to keep this thread clean and focused.

Pics enclosed were taken today 28 Feb 2005, using not-so-good camera, hence could not bring out the colours of the items.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear about your plight. Upz for your sale - hope that your sale will be smooth and thus let you concentrate on readjusting your life. ;)

Would be good if you could provide a pix of your tank. ;)

Best wishes...... :peace:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Thanks for all kind words. Wow. PMs coming in faster than the raindrops.

Just hope to let go this tankset which is my masterpiece in my house and concentrate on my family. No job, no income :pinch: .

Sorry problem with pic of tank. Here it is again :

Pic taken at 3pm today 28 Feb 2005.

post-10-1109585054.jpg

Nice tank Nickel, do you have any pix of the sump??? ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

That's all for now folks.

PM me if you need further info.

The specimen tank is connected to the return pump from sump, hence the water is circulating, though at slower speed and is meant for my seahorses. Intending to keep angels, batfish and other non-reefsafe LS. Chilled water is supplied from a 0.5HP chiller to both main and speciment tanks and keeping them around 26-27 degrees !!

There are lot's of PM asking for optional items. I will post again once the tank is sold and the buyer do not need them or has budget constriants for now. I prefer to let the buyer first right to buy the optional items as I would like to see the tank still in operations as I had designed it. Hope all will understand. Apologies if I delay in my response for request for optional items.

For now, I just want to sell the tank first and to concentrate getting a job asap to feed my family. :huh:

Viewing in AMK Street 11.

• SRC Member
I prefer to let the buyer first right to buy as I would like to see the tank still in operations as I had designed it.

Fair and Just !!!! ;)

tank design & setup.. impressive !!! :yeah:

Too bad.. a agreement with my tankmaker :pinch: .

Bro/Sis.. who are looking for tank.. pm Nickel .. asap ;)

Hmmm...sad to hear that you are selling your tank. I can imagine all the hard work that has been put into it. :( Anyway, wish you all the best in getting a job preferably a better one. Whoever does not employ you has lost alot! ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

bro, take care and hope you find a job soon!

All luck to your sales and i can said that its a good buy and hope that all future reefers can support his sales!

Best of luck!

• SRC Member

OK. With hot requests to see the sump, here is the pic of 1 of them with a 2014 skimmer (notice the foam !!). The other is identical on the other side of cabinet. Both sumps covered by cabinet doors as can be seen in main tank pic. Note the thick chennai wood structures ?? Parts of it hiddened by the side panel.

I have designed for 2 identical sumps, effectively each sump supports 2.5ft of the main tank only. Each sump have compartments for wool filters, return compartment and a skimmer/chiller pump area. For equipment outside sump, I house them inside the side cabinet shown on the tank pic (cabinet not included in sales. It is part of my furniture design, aka, belong to Home Affairs Minister !!)

Water change is via the sumps which is about 10-15% of total volume. Easy.

I don't want to go into detailed designed approach why the sumps are such and the flexibility of the 2 sumps working together as it will be too lengthy here.

So.....here it is :

post-10-1109597309.jpg

• SRC Member

That's all for now. too many pic until eye blur liow.

The tank is just a completed item based upon a lots of my thoughts and past experienced gained from my previous marine tank and put into the design to make it flexible and cost effective. Have to see for yourself the corals/LS health to determine if design is working or not.

Too much thoughts to describe here. I had not add any corals since 6 months back when my hectic travelling schedule put the hobby into a holding period.

cheers.

• SRC Member

marvelous.

going~ UPZ.

hope u find a good job soon.

cheers bro chill.

regards,

LaW

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||