CR tanks (the one that claim not water change need

skthk

• SRC Member

:ph34r: This tank not cheap. 4 ft one cost close to 4 figure digit. Good thing got installment with interest free repayments over 24 months!

IMO, not very good for marine because the space is limited. I got it in the first place with intention of FW tank but last minute decided on marine instead.

So its smaller as compare to other 4 ft tanks ?

Actually I was at a exhibition 1 week at Suntec where they had a booth there.

& they have this 3ft display which they were using as marine tank on offer 20% discount(since display).

My wife here the salesman talk talk was keen to buy as like u said got instrest free instalment & the discount & the fact that I am always telling her that some day I wish to upgrade my present two 2 ft marine tank.

It was still about $777 after discount.

In the end I give myself excuse I need some advise from bros here & maybe 3ft is too small for blue tang. yellow tangs.

• SRC Member

;)

Great tactic you had done to distract your wife. Typically the size is narrower on the breadth and lower in height. You have to note the glass thickness also. I later realised that it is only 6mm. Maybe with just 1.5 ft height this thickness is ok.

Actually IMO since you already have a 2 ft, you can go for a 4 ft tank like most bros here have. The CR ones are limited in height and breadth. Very soon you may find yourselves with limited options for LS and corals. Just my experience.

Good thing abut it is that even without SEIO pumps, the flow is actually quite good. Maybe I am using PL lights, I do not have diatoms problems that much.

• SRC Member

The total width is 1.5 ft. The sump is behind which is about 5 inches wide. Yes that is why the width of the tank is limited and so you cannot have too much free play in arranging your LRs and corals.

As for water change, I had since changed water only once about 10% since Nov last year. Water parameters still good. Nitrate less than 5ppm. However, I had modified the in built sump a bit to add in a refugium thouh

• SRC Member

bro, got these type of filter system meh....now then i know...ur nitrate 5ppm...good for you...u kow what ...me still struggling the fight these NO3.....

I still wondering base on what, what so special about their this filtration system that they claim that 3 years no need water change - for both fresh or marine tank.

& I am curious why this "brand" of NEW tanks not being discuss here.

although I must say that their cabinet is very nice.

• SRC Member

IMO, the only thing special is the inbuilt sump behing the tank. However, this is not new too, I think.

Not at all true that no need to change water, really depends on whta you keep I think. Yah, cabinet very nice.

Ya I mean if its nothing special abt their filtration then maybe its overprice ? In the 1st place is their price higher compared to similar sized tank ?

A back sump is it better than one that is below, maybe below ones I have to worry about leak, flow, etc ?

How much would a 3/4 ft tank w sump w cabinet as nice as this CR cost ?

& I do think they do know its 6mm & they would not advice that its not suitable for marine.

Well I had been using for FIVE PLAN tank for over 2 years