simple 3ft tank

loster

• SRC Member

i have stop using lime water since my PH is stable now (i am suing CR now). there are one more reason that i got to remove my sandbed cos the side and the back of my tank sandbed has harder. they become like a rock. so, i have no choice. got to remove them all.

my rowapho was harden like a rock two weeks ago. that may be explained why my dkh keep dropping no matter how high i tune my CR. i just wonder those 2 cases, are they have something to do with long term use of kalkwasses?

age.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey nice corals u have thr.. honestly i dun own a tank of myself but i have been goin ard wif my fren who owns a tank for corals, fishes n stuff.. let's say i do have an interest tho.. recently juz bought tis coral tat is red/pinkish and it's like 2 weeks old and its covered wif algae.. sian juz buy got suuch thing.. y leh? is it the water or wad? or the coral no good? other corals r doin fine leh.. :cry:

• SRC Member

reidylock

i guess may be the coral skeleton has already exposed. that may be explain why those part where the skeleton being exlosed, the algae started to grow on it after sometime. you bought your coral and put it in your friend's tank?

age.png

• SRC Member

Nice!!!! Not at all boring..More pics will be even better...

hey... hehehehe... nothing to show already cos the rest are still brown :P:lol:

hey get ready... some of the "stuffs" are here already. once all in, it is time :P so exciting :D

age.png

• SRC Member

really? :yeah: how?

Look for the cross sectional area with the lowest diameter (Marked with green line in the pic)

egs5d1.jpg

Tie rubber band around it to create some tension to the tissue (they should not be showing skeleton with that tension)

Tighten the rubber band every week, and finally the tissue should be separated.

Just chisel the base skeleton carefully to separate them.

egs5nb.jpg

I used to feed my brain small chunk of shrimp (those tiger shrimp from wet market)

to accelerate the growth.

Good luck and have fun!

• SRC Member

goodness. looks good after surgery :) wow.... how about this guy? it is about 1kg or more. this guy is heavy and it tissue on it base is healthy. never want to feed it cos he is getting bigger. don't want him to grow anymore. anyway, this is not easy cos it skeleton is very thick (4-5cm from top to bottom). chisel will be impossible unless electric saw... :blink: may be just leave it alone :D:lol::P

post-34-1128917597.jpg

age.png