electic shock

• SRC Member

erm... bro u should open up the light and clear all crystallised salt inside...... and check to make sure the wire is all connected and none should be loose......... when in doubt go to the place where u bought the light to ask return it to them

electricity&saltwater dont mix well....... end up with major shock here is a linear equation....

electricity + saltwater + magern2 touching = magern2 hair all stan ding up and dancing like a cowboy.... :D

• SRC Member

if the light is metal casing and only uses 2 pin plugs then... then sure occur one... btw... u neber always go touch the light right... it is because u r bare foot and is connected to the earth therefore the electricity will travel through u to reach the earth... because 2 pin plug no earth wire..

• SRC Member

Eh no lah...

If u run the wire to the earth yes no more shock (or ur house might trip) but it still means current is leaking! Fix the problem man...

Best is return to shop.. 2nd best is open it up see if any wires accidentally touching the casing... I used to have this problem with my old PL light set, took it apart and rewired some areas can liao...

• SRC Member
I took it apart to have a looksee.  The wires all look well insulated but the ballast is riveted to the metal casing. maybe that is the problem,??

i once had this experience with a set of lighting too. So this is what I did for a cheapo method:

1. get a length of insulated wire. thin is fine and an earth pin taken out from a 3 pin plug.

2. connect one end to the pin and the other to the surface of the light set. you can use scotch tape to hold it to the light set or a better way is attach it to any existing screw on the housing.

3. Switch off power while doing it. Connect the earth pin to any available empty socket. After done then swich back on.

I suppose this is to take away the stray current. maybe any brother reefers would like to comment on this as doing it wrongly may lead to serious injury. Safety first always!!