Question on T5 and eballast

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

Hey Bro, u will be blowing away ur tubes. The ballast will produce 36w of power thru ur 24w tubes. Ur tubes can only "tahan" 24w of power. Anything more will blow ur tubes. get the 24w ballast instead. Cost only ~16 bucks.

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

Is it safe to power 2*24W HO T5 with a 2*36W elbiru eBallast?

I was told I won't be maximising the performance of the T5 tubes as the ballast was designed for PL tubes, is this true?

Tks :0)

Btw bro, are u the one who PM me for the vitron MH lights? I mean u "jio" me to get the lights together. Actually, i found out that our sponsers eaquanature are selling a good T5 tube brand. It is D-D. Try going to this website <www.d-daquariumsolutions.com>. Go and search the lighting. And read their reports. At least, will save money on electrical bill.

• SRC Member

Btw bro, are u the one who PM me for the vitron MH lights? I mean u "jio" me to get the lights together. Actually, i found out that our sponsers eaquanature are selling a good T5 tube brand. It is D-D. Try going to this website <www.d-daquariumsolutions.com>. Go and search the lighting. And read their reports. At least, will save money on electrical bill.

Think u got the wrong person liaoz, its not me. :lol:

• SRC Member
Hey Bro, u will be blowing away ur tubes. The ballast will produce 36w of power thru ur 24w tubes. Ur tubes can only "tahan" 24w of power. Anything more will blow ur tubes. get the 24w ballast instead. Cost only ~16 bucks.

in the UK, there are a number of article on using higher wattage for lower lights specs.....its call overdriving (similar how we overdrive our PC CPU).....the experts there claims to achive much brighter lights and one guy even claims to be running it for 2 years!

• SRC Member

in the UK, there are a number of article on using higher wattage for lower lights specs.....its call overdriving (similar how we overdrive our PC CPU).....the experts there claims to achive much brighter lights and one guy even claims to be running it for 2 years!

That is true, but u will be shortening the life span of the T5 tubes. Its something like the theory of overclocking a cpu. Only thing is that cpu, we can use a super heatsink with big fan.

• SRC Member

acutally, we overclock the CPU is because the technology changes so fast.....so i can live with a CPU that last only 2 years instead of 10...;)

for T5 tubes the same....most will change often 6-10 months, while the usuable lifespan from many of the manufacturers runs into hours.....so don't think it will really matters....what matters is if it burns down the house...:P