New Forum?

• SRC Member

Until a recent thread on fishy politics and such, I didn't even know there was a: http://www.sgreefing.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

What gives? Is that a new forum or what? And what is SGREEF's relationship with SGREEFING?

I came across this statement from MDP@USA...

"RAG is the new home for disgruntled SG RC users."

What's there to be disgruntled about SGREEF? Holy smoke...what has happened to the word 'hobby'?

with much regards

SG Reefing is set up by Coralreef, a reefer here who had his own plans to setup a web magazine revolving around travel or something of that kind a few years ago. He then set up a reefing subforum under mediazoneasia.com as part of his content. I remember him asking me for advice then. ;)

A recent revamp of the Mediazoneasia site was done, with everything dropped except the reefing subforum.

There was a change in domain name and the site suddenly took on a look and feel similar to SG Reef.

If there is a reason why the name and the format/categories are so similar, I guess they say imitation is the best form of flattery. ;)

Other than that, there is no link between the SG Reef Club and SGReefing.com.

Except that place is now known as the place for 'disgruntled' reefers who have problems fitting into SRC, the idea reinforced by a mod there and MDP in his RAG forum.

disgruntled

adj : in a state of sulky dissatisfaction

I believe the Mods and Admin over there has already stated what they DO NOT want to be compared with 'The Other Side'. :rolleyes: However, that is yet to be seen as it has become a platform of attack on quite a few occasions, including before the revamp.

Hopefully, we can co-exist side by side peacefully in our very small local marine community.

Hope that clears your doubts.

• SRC Member

Hmmn...I've read through some of the exchanges between SRC and RAG...AT, just want to say, in spite of what the OTHER side says or does:

1. SRC is still the first name you hear when you join the hobby -FACT!

2. SRC has the largest online population in Singapore -FACT!

3. 90% of SRC are super-nice people- FACT!

4. I would have bought my SEIO pump at an insane price if not for some reefers here who took the initiative to PM me on the real state of affairs -FACT!

• SRC Member
SG Reefing is set up by Coralreef, a reefer here who had his own plans to setup a web magazine revolving around travel or something of that kind a few years ago. He then set up a reefing subforum under mediazoneasia.com as part of his content. I remember him asking me for advice then. ;)

A recent revamp of the Mediazoneasia site was done, with everything dropped except the reefing subforum.

There was a change in domain name and the site suddenly took on a look and feel similar to SG Reef.

If there is a reason why the name and the format/categories are so similar, I guess they say imitation is the best form of flattery. ;)

Other than that, there is no link between the SG Reef Club and SGReefing.com.

Except that place is now known as the place for 'disgruntled' reefers who have problems fitting into SRC, the idea reinforced by a mod there and MDP in his RAG forum.

disgruntled

adj : in a state of sulky dissatisfaction

I believe the Mods and Admin over there has already stated what they DO NOT want to be compared with 'The Other Side'. :rolleyes: However, that is yet to be seen as it has become a platform of attack on quite a few occasions, including before the revamp.

Hopefully, we can co-exist side by side peacefully in our very small local marine community.

Hope that clears your doubts.

Understood. Sometimes though, I can't help but wonder if this is simply the Singaporean mentality...maybe the land we live in is too small...thus, flare-ups like this happen...kind of like exhaust vents, I think.

Anyway, you have my support...

• SRC Member
boss AT , you mean its like a boys or girls home for troubled kids? :)

:lol: Wah PianG Er PAl...u brighten up my DaY...GooD ONe.....