Tank shape

• SRC Member

I hv an idea of having a L-shape reef tank! I know it got to be costly but will it be possible that the price will be double of a normal rectangluar tank? Furthermore, I forsee that I may have difficulty maintaining the tank and the current of the tank will oso post an issue!

Pls advise! :thanks:

• SRC Member

I suppose the acrylic is a good choice cos the acid bond really works into holding the "two" tanks together.

Glass is possible too but much bracing at the top should be employed.

As it is gonna be a "special" custom made I am guessing you got pay a bit more.

yah, you need a handful of Tunze to have good circulation at strategic position.

• SRC Member

My intention is to have the L-shape tank at my foyer area which is at the main entrance of my new house! It will look gd cos from the entrance, the tank looks unique and seems to extend all the way to my living room! :evil:

But cost is the main issue cos hving a L-shape seems to be more difficult to maintain and the lighting and overflow may be require at both area! :blink:

• SRC Member
My intention is to have the L-shape tank at my foyer area which is at the main entrance of my new house! It will look gd cos from the entrance, the tank looks unique and seems to extend all the way to my living room! :evil:

But cost is the main issue cos hving a L-shape seems to be more difficult to maintain and the lighting and overflow may be require at both area! :blink:

Check with Eaquanature... last heard they closed their LFS section but not sure if they are still keeping the L-shaped tank...

Maybe Edmund (of Eaquanature) has intention to sell it? I not sure....

• SRC Member
hm.. arcylic ? will it be scratched easily?

Acrylic shd scratch easily as compare to glass. Maybe will consider using acrylic as the base instead since it's stronger than glass!

Will there be bonding issue if I use a mixture of glass and acrylic? :ph34r:

Check with Eaquanature... last heard they closed their LFS section but not sure if they are still keeping the L-shaped tank...

Maybe Edmund (of Eaquanature) has intention to sell it? I not sure....

Robin (from eAqua) did mentioned they intend to sell it.

But that was quite a few weeks back.

Not sure whether its quite around ...

• SRC Member
Sorry bro, not sure if its acrylic.

Maybe you can give Robin or Edmund a call.

Their number should be in the sponsor's forum.

Anyway, Robin said they going back to online business.

So no shop anymore. :cry2:

I seen it before.. it is definitely acrylic.. and it is made by Ian of I~aquatic....

But bro lyz77, if you definitely getting an L-shaped tank in glass... u really really have to have a good tank maker to ensure that the joint especially where the interconnection between the two tanks are.... are firmly secured with super strong euro bracing and glass strips...

I not suer bonding between glass and acrylic is possible... never seen it in the market so I presume it is not possible.. technically maybe possible but not advisable for fish tank purposes?

The diff in glass and acrylic besides the scratching issue is that acrylic is bonded at molecule level... so definitely won't leak or whatever.. however, overtime, it does bulge a bit or warped.... u need a thick acrylic sheet for acrylic tank use to prevent this... however acrylic prices these days are very expensive too...

This is the tank at eaquanature we are talking about... :)

post-6-1113886945.gif

• SRC Member

I seen it before.. it is definitely acrylic.. and it is made by Ian of I~aquatic....

But bro lyz77, if you definitely getting an L-shaped tank in glass... u really really have to have a good tank maker to ensure that the joint especially where the interconnection between the two tanks are.... are firmly secured with super strong euro bracing and glass strips...

I not suer bonding between glass and acrylic is possible... never seen it in the market so I presume it is not possible.. technically maybe possible but not advisable for fish tank purposes?

The diff in glass and acrylic besides the scratching issue is that acrylic is bonded at molecule level... so definitely won't leak or whatever.. however, overtime, it does bulge a bit or warped.... u need a thick acrylic sheet for acrylic tank use to prevent this... however acrylic prices these days are very expensive too...

This is the tank at eaquanature we are talking about... :)

Thks for the info!

Sign.... May hv to give up this idea!!! :cry2: