DIY liverocks stands

junyong84

• SRC Member

Hey guys, think some time back, someone posted how to DIY liverocks stands so as to minimise the amt of liverocks used in the tank.

Can someone post back this thread or teach me how to diy 1?

Wat are the materials needed?

thanks for the help!!!

• SRC Member

Hey, notice u were looking at my tank thread... ;)

Just to let u know, I abandon the PVC racks and have given them away...

Yes, it does create caves and all but you will have a painstaking time to try to hide the PVCs from view... which in my honest opinion is very ()*)#(@*)*(#$ hard to achieve...

I gave up the PVC rack in the end cause I realised that with the right kind of rock shapes, u can still create big caves.... ;)

• SRC Member
Hey, notice u were looking at my tank thread... ;)

Just to let u know, I abandon the PVC racks and have given them away...

Yes, it does create caves and all but you will have a painstaking time to try to hide the PVCs from view... which in my honest opinion is very ()*)#(@*)*(#$ hard to achieve...

I gave up the PVC rack in the end cause I realised that with the right kind of rock shapes, u can still create big caves.... ;)

agreed... i can still see my PVC pipes and eggcrates quite easily...

• SRC Member
When I went to 3 hardware shops to ask for egg crates, they were blur as to what I am asking for.

What do you guys call it when wanting to buy from hardware shop?

:lol:

try telling them its for protecting the long FL lights on false ceiling.

green one i think you have to try LFS

seamonkee....i actually like your pvc stands and have bought all the elbows & pipes to create 2. i think what i like about using such a stand is i may save some space behind by not having to have rocks as foundation to make a slope. the front and sides i don't mind stacking with rocks to hide the pipes.

aceb - i get all my hardware stuff from Fu Ann Engineering in Serangoon Ave North 2. They have everything u need for aquarium hobby there.

• SRC Member

they call eggcrates lighting diffusers...

they are used on flourecent light fixtures to diffuse light... if they still don't understand tell them it's those white plastic with small squares...

And of course you can use PVC only.. just that it might not be as efficient in making "tables"

• SRC Member
seamonkee....i actually like your pvc stands and have bought all the elbows & pipes to create 2. i think what i like about using such a stand is i may save some space behind by not having to have rocks as foundation to make a slope. the front and sides i don't mind stacking with rocks to hide the pipes.

aceb - i get all my hardware stuff from Fu Ann Engineering in Serangoon Ave North 2. They have everything u need for aquarium hobby there.

Thanks... but probably because of my new layout, I have no need of them anymore... Previously, PVC pipes leaned to the back and the whole rockscape was towards the back...

Then realise a lot of dead spots behind with this sort of layout.... change to island for my current layout... and no need the pipings already...

Actually I clocked the time spent when scaping... amazingly this is my experience...

2 hours - without PVC pipes

7 hours - with PVC pipes because a hell lot of time just trying to conceal them from sight... :lol::D