Butterfly Fish with Corals

charlie

• SRC Member

Bro, its better to read up abit more on butterfiles.

You will realise that different species will tend to favor differ type of soft or LPS corals.

Some like the copperband may not even be safe with mushies or anemones. Just my 2Cents. :P

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

Angels are usually a 50/50,some like DA's regal will not even to whack sps and lps but the zoos.Its always better to try dwarves like flames,or x-breeds......

For larger angels,regals are the best bet but nevertheless,angels are forever 50/50......

• SRC Member
Bro, its better to read up abit more on butterfiles.

You will realise that different species will tend to favor differ type of soft or LPS corals.

Some like the copperband may not even be safe with mushies or anemones. Just my 2Cents.  :P

Got the following from CentralPets.com about CopperBand Butterfly

"The Copper Banded Butterfly Fish is a ... Its long nose indicates that its primary died in the wild consists of "bugs" that live in cracks and crevices. This butterfly fish is non-aggressive and is considered to be a "reef safe" fish."

Nothing flammable here, but I wonder why the phrase reef safe is " ". Has anyone successfully kept copperbands with corals and/or clams? :unsure:

• SRC Member

Copper Banded Butterfly is one of the most reef-safe butterfly, another one think is longnose butterfly.

I had keep one copper banded before for 1 month, but cant make it. It never touch my bubble, clam, anomones and softies, however i dont know about some LPS like brain and prata and hammer.

• SRC Member
Copper Banded Butterfly is one of the most reef-safe butterfly, another one think is longnose butterfly.

I had keep one copper banded before for 1 month, but cant make it. It never touch my bubble, clam, anomones and softies, however i dont know about some LPS like brain and prata and hammer.

Did your copperband feed on frozen food such as mysis or brine? I just got mine 4 days ago and it hasn't started feeding. Currently in my sump tank, for my fear that it will whack my softies and clams. I was hoping that once weaned into feeding, it will not eye my corals when it's well fed. :P