Seio M820 as wavemaker

• SRC Member

That can be a scam, or "unlucky".

Anyway, SEIO powerhead is not designed for wavemaking, don't play-play with it loh.

Can just place 2 SEIO facing each other with counter current for random flow quah.

"Real" wakemaking rich man toy lah, not necessary lah.

;)

• SRC Member

Well, like I always said, if you are gonna pick up this hobby... then ENJOY IT everyday as you can...

If things are bound to happen, it will happen... Remember that saltwater is a rough environment especially for mechanical stuff...

Tunze, Seio or whatever, are man made and man are not 100% perfect... so unless you damn lucky, you get one that is zero-defect that runs for years... which in my belief, can never really happen...

Things are perishables then let it be so.... enjoy your hobby and dun let it be a slave to you... I know of people who tear their hair out just because their one of their fishes is not eating, scared tank leak, scared pump explode... sigh... Then what for pick up this hobby is it is gonna give you more stress... :lol:

Well, on the bright side, if it fails, then restart tank and you get an excuse to buy newer equipment loh... :lol: My belief is that pick what equipment you like and just enjoy it during its serving years...

Such is the nature of man, we always buy something, hoping that it will be as cheap as possible and yet expect it to run like centuries..... where got such equipment honestly?!? :lol:

Bottomline, clean your equipment religiously and periodically.... for tunzes and seios, soak them in vinegar and scrub gently every two months or so.... ;)

Maintenance is the key for any equipment... even the most expensive and best piece of equipment, if neglected, can rundown in time... ;)

For me:

Lighting - Clean salt spray off hood and wiring parts.... check for exposed wire

Chiller - every 6 months open up and vacuum the grids.... 1 year get maintenance chap to refuel coolant and do a thorough clean + change of piping

Inwater pumps and Powerheads - get at least an Eheim but still gotta check constantly and replace if need be....

Hinges - yes even hinges on my cabinet I anti-rust and oil them every 3 months or so....

Lastly, check all circuitry as and when you can..... ;)

• SRC Member
I never clean my 820, is it necessary?

i guess it is necessary cos the flow will get weaken. not just for the wave maker pump...i also got to clean my return pump once every 3 months.

age.png