Arranging Life Rocks, Corals

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I was helping my bros arranging LR in his 3ft tank today, really takes up alot of time., I have arrange it in such a way whereby there is lots of channel , holes etc... for future space for coral etc... :eyebrow:

Is it a must to to arrnage it such a way whereby lots of hole n channel inorder to accomodate corals etc..??? :cry: but if yes, I believe it still requires lots of shifting right... cos the coral might not fit into the gaps in between LR..........

Need expert advise. :thanks:

Erhmm... its hard to teach.

It all depends on one's back strength, skin wrinkling resistance, bristleworms' spike resistance, time and most importantly... CREATIVITY!!! :D

I can spend hours shifting corals and rocks around until I achieve the look I want! Sometimes, certain corals will do better under different light levels or increased or decreased water circulation... so you have to play around a bit.

Experience and knowledge in the needs of your reef inhabitants is essential to site them properly for their health.

The fun of keeping a reef tank is the evolving look... before you come to the stage where nothing can be moved anymore. Then it's time to sit back and let your corals grow! :)

Good luck!

Erhmm... its hard to teach.

It all depends on one's back strength, skin wrinkling resistance, bristleworms' spike resistance, time and most importantly... CREATIVITY!!! :D

I can spend hours shifting corals and rocks around until I achieve the look I want! Sometimes, certain corals will do better under different light levels or increased or decreased water circulation... so you have to play around a bit.

Experience and knowledge in the needs of your reef inhabitants is essential to site them properly for their health.

The fun of keeping a reef tank is the evolving look... before you come to the stage where nothing can be moved anymore. Then it's time to sit back and let your corals grow! :)

Good luck!

totally agree with AT on that man..good back strength is a must!!! haha..go pump it up at the gym first.... yup, make sure u're creative when aqua scaping and make sure they dun end up looking like fruit heaps... u will have to keep playing around with the positions of the corals until they are at an optimum place... that is, they open up well and look happy!! do consider the compatibility of various corals too before putting them together... as AT said, that's an evolving process... u'll stop only after finding that nothing needs to be shifted anymore..that's when u' can sit back and enjoy your reef...still waiting for my time to come soon....heh

"Save a reef, grow your own"

totally agree with AT on that man..good back strength is a must!!! haha..go pump it up at the gym first.... yup, make sure u're creative when aqua scaping and make sure they dun end up looking like fruit heaps... u will have to keep playing around with the positions of the corals until they are at an optimum place... that is, they open up well and look happy!! do consider the compatibility of various corals too before putting them together... as AT said, that's an evolving process... u'll stop only after finding that nothing needs to be shifted anymore..that's when u' can sit back and enjoy your reef...still waiting for my time to come soon....heh

lolx.. rescaping my unlce tank just to get the two tower effect cause me serious backache :sick::sick::sick:

• SRC Member

Thanks for all yr precious comments,

My concern is after i have cycle the tank and starting to place corals into the tank, it might not fit into the gap in between the rocks, meaning i have to shift it again ??? cos, some LPS comes with thick bone, some with small bone structure, it may no fits into the gaps of LR, den how ???

Really HEadache :cry2:

Hi guys, need your help on these questions. :thanks:

1) Using Egg Crates: Cut & join egg crates to form many pieces of structures (some tall & some short). Then lay rocks on it. Is this method good? Why?

2) Using epoxy: What if fish dies under rocks, how to remove it? How to shift rocks if there's not enough gap to place corals?

maybe if u dun wanna shift the rocks, u can also choose corals that will fit a particular crevice that u wanna fill..play ard i guess...i sometimes chiselle the corals base or rock until they can fit into the holes..but be careful though...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Hi guys, need your help on these questions.  :thanks:

1) Using Egg Crates:  Cut & join egg crates to form many pieces of structures (some tall & some short).  Then lay rocks on it.  Is this method good?  Why?

2) Using epoxy: What if fish dies under rocks, how to remove it?  How to shift rocks if there's not enough gap to place corals?

Anyone?

dont hijack peoples thread. a lot of people use PVC pipes with eggcrate layer on top to support the rocks. personally i dont use eggcrate at all. after a few years in saltwater it gets brittle.

Dont use epoxy lor

sorly lah. :paiseh: Thought my question will also benefit the owner of this thread.

don't use epoxy sometimes difficult to stack leh