Beckett vs AquaC skimmer

jackalcleo

haha bro u gian beckett liao ah? i going for the one advertised by aquamarin liao...mai tu liao

now many afforable beckett now (Aquamarine and ML) check it out ;) But the price may not include pump not too sure. Wonder how good they are that's y asking.

• SRC Member

hahah eh nowadays u see people don't really go for weipro liao...some the moment they enter the hobby they whack beckett or other power skimmers lor...wanna sell also say easy only haha

Anyways, i still researching on pump matters for beckett leh...coz the pump must be powerful and usually it means power consumption and heat high...these 2 i don't mind...but noise wise...not sure if it's possible to run the beckett quietly. If not, i think it's back to needlewheel if not AquaC for me again.

hahah eh nowadays u see people don't really go for weipro liao...some the moment they enter the hobby they whack beckett or other power skimmers lor...wanna sell also say easy only haha

Anyways, i still researching on pump matters for beckett leh...coz the pump must be powerful and usually it means power consumption and heat high...these 2 i don't mind...but noise wise...not sure if it's possible to run the beckett quietly. If not, i think it's back to needlewheel if not AquaC for me again.

Agreed.. currently using AM beckett skimmer, very gds. still looking for the pump which can produce loo noise... :(

• SRC Member

haiz...everytime also people say beckett good....make me more gian only hahaha...but then thanks for letting me know the AM beckett is doing fine...it's just the pumps for becketts are apparently noisy!! anyone got idea for low noise pump?

Anyways, i'm waiting for aquarama before buying my skimmer, in the mean time, either stick to weipro or unless some bro got macro needlewheel or venturi to lend me. Wanna compare the difference if possible.

I am using mx100 on my beckett. The pump fan is indeed noisy if u compare to pumps of other skimmers......

i)either you locate the pump/skimmer in a place where noise isn't an issue

ii)place the pump/skimmer in a cabinet that has some holes for ventilation and you can further soundproof the cabinet interior with soundproofing foam if u want to (although the holes for ventilation will still leak noise but at least not the full brunt of it)

iii) remove the pump fan and use a quieter fan to cool the pump

:)

The pump itself can't be made quiet unless u really remove the pump fan. But this will cause the pump to overheat. So you will need to find another fan quiet enough for your ears but yet powerful enough to cool the pressuremonster :D

But if noise is such a big issue for you, i would suggest you head straight for the quieter needlewheels as I feel that becketts love being coaxed by these external pressure-rated pumps.... but no point if the beckett can perform for you but you are getting migraine from the noise :lol:

If I am not wrong you have to use atman 5500 submerged and this will add considerable heat to your water, but then it will be definitely quieter.

Since you really want to get a beckett skimmer and yet do not want the noise, you will have to only consider submersible pumps.

Batmobile is only for batman and the occasional robin :lol: