DIY Mazzei Skimmer

RockyBoy

After months of procrastinating of what skimmer design to do with my mazzei 684, I finally built one using total pvc pipes. Overall, the mazzei cost more than the total pvc pipes/fittings that I used to construct the skimmer... :lol:

post-9-1115561285.jpg

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member
After months of procrastinating of what skimmer design to do with my mazzei 684, I finally built one using total pvc pipes. Overall, the mazzei cost more than the total pvc pipes/fittings that I used to construct the skimmer... :lol:

hi bro

correct me if i am wrong.. i though the inlet of the skimmer should be somewhere near the bottom of the skimmer??? so that there is more reaction of bubbles and water... or is there a purpose for locating near the top ?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

well done bro take my advise and test out on the PVC piping ??

hahahha

is that a 6in dia ?? try to narrow the neck you will be surprise to see the skimmate

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Yo bro... not really test out... would be a permanent feature now. Quite happy with the performance.

Using 4 inch instead of 6 inch. No space for the 6 inch.

The neck size is already reduced. From 4 inch to 1.5 inch. I've used 2 reducers. One is 4inch to 2inch and 2 inch to 1.5inch. I cut the 2 inches portion and glued the big and smaller ends.

On top of it, I have a hole at the top which is connected to the air intake of the mazzei to assist the foam to rise up as well as to release the air pressure in the cup.

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Can you tell me how you tune your skimmer when you don't know the water level due to the opaque body? Or actually there isn't a need to for Mazzei skimmer.....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Water level is based on the height of the outlet side, but still able to control using the valve. I've estimated the level to be before the sloping portion. Key thing is to control the bubble size only. Anyway, I can see the water level from the top as the top collection cup is acrylic.c

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED