haanZii

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

decide to relocate the DB more to the right as find the existing place too cramp.

post-34-1116685599.jpg

• SRC Member

90% done... but my leg & back almost break liao. :( do until blur blur :ooh:

post-34-1116686238.jpg

• SRC Member

huhuhu.... :lol::D:P:rolleyes::):peace: finally completed. spend almost half a day to finish this little things....anyway slow progress.. :lol: tomorrow going to aquamarine to see beckette & chiller.dun know price total how much????

anybody can advise the running cost of 1 1hp chiller??? heard its about 750W to 850W. expensive electrical bills.....

post-34-1116686686.jpg

:bow::bow: i am impressed, the last time i tried to diy a t5 set, i trip the entire house for 2 hours. :off:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Nice tank. Just a question...y the eurobracing is cut-off at the overflow box? Won't that weaken the eurobracing structure?

as my joint are silicone 45 degree & my tank maker assursed me that it will hold & he had done many tank with this design.. so cross my fingers haha :lol:

For a new tank, run rowa in a FR from day 1

Believe me, you will not regret it.

I did not have any algae bloom except for a minor one when I forgot to change the media. Now everything is clear of algae, even the sand!!! :lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Wow! Your DB's quite professionally done! :) Suppose you've some experience with electrical stuff or your profession? :D

Keep the pics coming!

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
For a new tank, run rowa in a FR from day 1

Believe me, you will not regret it.

I did not have any algae bloom except for a minor one when I forgot to change the media. Now everything is clear of algae, even the sand!!! :lol::lol:

Brp,

pardon my stupidness. wat do u mean by ROWA & FR??kind of blur in short form. can enlighten me??

Cheers

• SRC Member
Wow! Your DB's quite professionally done! :) Suppose you've some experience with electrical stuff or your profession? :D

Keep the pics coming!

Thks bro,

U are right. i'm working in M&E line(mechanical & electrical) thus am familiar with electrical stuffs.

Cheers

Brp,

pardon my stupidness. wat do u mean by ROWA & FR??kind of blur in short form. can enlighten me??

Cheers

Rowaphos is a phosphate absorbing media

FR stands for fluidised reactor which allows an even distribution of water to pass through the media and increases its efficiency :lo:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
hey..cant help but notice that your house looks something like mine(reflection,door,tiles)..haha..where you living?

i'm staying at bukit panjang segar rd. blk 484. anyone else ataying nearby??? can gang up lay... :lol:

• SRC Member
hey...i also stay at bukit panjang...cashew rd there :lol:

hayhey, quite close lay. can share share info & lobang ar???

cheers

• SRC Member
connection for the down pipe from overflow.

just my 0.02 cents view....

if possible, try to fix your return pump in such a way that it goes straight up to the main tank instead of going through 2 right angles. In this way, i believe you'll get more out of the pump.

btw, I'm staying at Senja Road. We can gang up... :D

post-34-1116817220.jpg

regards,

Ken

• SRC Member

just my 0.02 cents view....

if possible, try to fix your return pump in such a way that it goes straight up to the main tank instead of going through 2 right angles. In this way, i believe you'll get more out of the pump.

btw, I'm staying at Senja Road. We can gang up... :D

Bro Sandman.

thks for the tips. am doing some modification work to it. cause now got space problem in fitting in a beckette. sad :( more work..... :cry:

lets keep in touch.

Cheers

• SRC Member

since you can fix the chiller away inside the kitchen, perhaps you can do the same thing to your beckett since the area around your main tank seems pretty crowded. its nice to have reefers staying so near... :lol:

regards,

Ken

• SRC Member
since you can fix the chiller away inside the kitchen, perhaps you can do the same thing to your beckett since the area around your main tank seems pretty crowded. its nice to have reefers staying so near... :lol:

Having an elbow will increase energy losses in the return. Ha ha.. reefers staying so close will make your area more salty. :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi All Bros,

need some advise from u pple. am having doubt with e position of my upcoming beckette 32". as u can c this is my sump position. am thinking of placing my beckette on the right. but problem now is that e wifth spacing left only 23cm. will need to shift my sump further to the left. if i were to place it on the left side, is it advisable?? right now i'm going for LPS & down e rd, might move to SPS thus need some space planniing advise ???anyone care to share/comment??? :thanks:

post-34-1116942860.jpg