sump becoming skimmer!

• SRC Member
thank you bros and all for contribution, the foaming problem has gone away. What i did was i fished out all the foam instead of just letting it hang around inside the water. In the end all the foam gave a lime green coloured liquid. Guess that's what caused my system to foam.SKimmer also collecting lime green waste.

THanks all once again.

hi ..

i was thinking... u only take all the form away... but will ur sump regen the form

again ???

Cheers :D

Why not you try a few things first ?

1) First, turn off your skimmer and see if still there is foam in your sump

2) If there are no micro bubbles going into your main tank, then there is no air seapage in your return line to the main tank

3) If the foam is created, by the output pipe to your sump, is the pipe above the water level? You may like to bring in down further into the sump so that it's submerge and the water splashes does not create the foam

cheers

hi bro

me also very new here ...

i have also been using c***** l***** as salt, but after about 3 months, the !@#$%^&* salt (my case only, i dont know about others) has all its trace and key elements missing (either too little or skimmed off).

on a chanced offer, i have bought a doubly-priced salt called m***** env*****. since the switch, my water showed great parameters. i am now slowly changing all my old water to this new one.

please dont trust what i said.

:thanks:

newbie lizard

yes.

the CL salt grew "tired" after about 3 months.

i.e., the salt has very little things for it to be "alive". fishes were very stressed as a result and corallite algae not happy. i tried to replace water using CL salt, but very poor result, the pH doesnt even bother to shoot up. hence, have to recharge using much better salt. i tried the ME salt, wow, the pH shot up to 8.40 straight from 8.0. so happy me.

newbie lizard

Aiyoh, u people very impatient leh, give him some time mah... anyway, to covert from canister to sump, i suspect the water got super high levels of DOC, hence the excessive skimming... :P

Anyway, do agree with lizard, me using ME salt, so far no complaints... and my pH always stable at 8.4... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

haiz broz, i also wanna use ME, i have pretty good experience using it too. Btu that day i went to buy salt at clementi their ME the large packet got hole then lao hong then the whole packet hard already that's why in the end buy CL.