Diy Lights Hood

schnauzer

• SRC Member
I know a cheap source for aluminium reflectors :eyebrow: after having visited so many lighting and electrical shops, about $8 for 3ft length... but left the business card in office ... will post it tomorrow.....

Thanks dude...will be looking forward to that piece of information.

Most appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

• SRC Member
By the way, forgot to mention.. if you have yet to buy your e-ballast or PL tubes, you might want to consider buying from Orgas... Just bought a couple of elbiru e-ballast from him today... you won't find these prices in Sim Lim, Kelantan Rd nor sungei rd.... trust me I have combed the whole Jln besar area........ damn siong!!

e-ballast: 1x36W -$14; 2x36W - $18 (all with PSB sticker)

AEC PL tube 36W 6500K-$8

:blink::ooh::shock: ..... time to change my PL.... btw, he carry any 36w/ 55W 10 000k PL?

• SRC Member

Hi,

Orgas is actually orgasbt, PM him..

Aluminium reflector:

Guan Seng Electrical Service Co.

No.283, Kranji Rd, s(739515)

tel: 62699453

They have a branch very near to Marsiling MRT. Sell various sizes for reflectors. I bought 4ft x 3"(base) = $8... they also carry limited sizes of PVC aircon trunking.

PVC aircon trunking:

Best Tech Air-con Engineering pte ltd

Blk 5022 Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 2

#01-07, S(569525)

tel: 65562949

Bought a 3" x 2" x 8ft(lg) at $6.00... they only sell in 8ft lengths.

I am still experimenting with the 6500Ks, they do give a slight tinge of yellow... If you have not read the article on lighting posted up by AT... do so, it is a good read...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...?showtopic=2622

In that article you will find this statement "Actually, the higher Kelvin temps may be more for display than practicality. Although sunlight is progressively filtered with increasing depth in ocean water, 6,500K lights are still a no-nonsense approach to providing a reef system with an appropriate source of light. Even so, 10,000K lamps seem to have a more aesthetic appeal to them. Not too blue, not too yellow."

• 3 weeks later...