AS-350 for a 2ft tank

somebody

• SRC Member

over skimming is what ur suppose to get...

its is better to overskim than to underskim...

and of course if ur using a needlewheel skimmer just be aware that there will be micro bubbles produced. It might be unsightly

i agree ... i use eden228 rated 1000l/hr to mix my salt in a pail , after a while , the pail is super super hot with the mixed water. :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

but mixing salt, i think go chemical reaction, that's why will become extra hot... hmmm.. sianz....

i'm only using a fan lohz... was hoping to not use the fans, after converting to T5s, but i guess not....

or sld i get a smaller skimmer?

but mixing salt, i think go chemical reaction, that's why will become extra hot... hmmm.. sianz....

i'm only using a fan lohz... was hoping to not use the fans, after converting to T5s, but i guess not....

or sld i get a smaller skimmer?

yup i know salt mixing initially will generate some heat ... usually i let my eden run for a day before switching it off. the chemical reaction cant last that long anyway .

just for ur information. :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

how u plan to place the skimmer? hang on ur tank? how thick is ur tank glass?

or do u plan to put in a sump or on a platform?

will the pump be in ur main tank???

IMO, it is not the overskimmin prob, rather it's how u plan to use it... for example a as350p will be veri heavy to hang it on a 6~8 mm 2 ft tank...

• SRC Member
IMO, it is not the overskimmin prob, rather it's how u plan to use it... for example a as350p will be veri heavy to hang it on a 6~8 mm 2 ft tank...

i would say it's not possible to hang it... even my AS250 sits on a little box outside the sump.. don't dare to hang it.. u try to carry it already quite heavy (with water) let alone hang it on ur glass...

Yes. Get a more efficient skimmer like hns :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

hi there,

im actually using a 350 venturi for my 1.5 cube. it really very warm. during the night its about 34C, during the day about 35C. and my mh isn't even installed yet. with the lights on, i think temperature might reach 40C. scary :blink:

im still cycling the tank, so its no big deal for me right now. just to let you know what might happen to your tank also. maybe you might wanna seriously consider a small chiller. :)

henry