Help on anemone

• SRC Member

Bros out There... Any TipS on Keeping AnemonE ?? I'vE Tried KEeping But always fail... ANd once they die all my fish dies too... i Like Anemone ALot buT Not Really SUre How TO keeP THem... AdvisES needEd... ThankS Lots Bros

• SRC Member

How about try get those cheap one? Brown color BTA.

They may not look impressive, but they better hardy than colorful one.

What cause your anemone die? blindingly move into powerhead? Die by itself?

I'm noob on anemone too :P tagging along

I first put my luminous green carpet separately in a container in the main tank with some flat pieces of LR. I also started to feed it using syringe with frozen brine shrimp. After seeing that they stick onto the LR for a round 2 days, I took out the LR and place it at a corner of the tank with low current and high lighting. Since then it did not move around. Seem to like that place. ANd after 3 days, my 2 (one big one small) common clown began to have fun in them. till now have been 3 weeks. Hopefully can last.

Personally I find carpet anemones one of the hardiest anemones to keep. However, there are 2 things you should take note of. They are not exactly reef safe as they have a very strong sting and will eat anything which comes into contact with them, even big fish. Secondly, in the wild they prefer to anchor themselves in sand. I kept my carpet in a 10 gallon aquarium with a 36W 6500K PL. Did weekly 50% water changes. No skimmer, running on canister. Kept it for about a year and I had to give it away as it outgrew the tank. Then again it might have been the health of my specimen as I collected it directly from the sea. :ph34r: It was not subject to additional stress at retail outlets.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

BTA usally the best i think and easiest since carpet are know to eat alot of stuff (snail hermits the list goes on) lol

bta are really good i use to have my under fluros for like 3 months but of course i feed it around ever 3 day (dont over feed it can kill from the inside) so feed small pieces of prawn :) then i changed to t5 then to mh 150 i still feed it now its grown over 3 times the size ... 5 cm to around 15cm + >< kinda big for my 2ft :P but he will move to the 4ft soon

Bros out There... Any TipS on Keeping AnemonE ?? I'vE Tried KEeping But always fail... ANd once they die all my fish dies too... i Like Anemone ALot buT Not Really SUre How TO keeP THem... AdvisES needEd... ThankS Lots Bros

they usually need care similar to sps. bright lights good flow.

some need substrates other need LR.

no powerheads

and dun introduce one until ur tank has completed cycle

there is a lot of articles on this.

u need to know the odds of keeping them and read and research more.

:lol: Brother, I just started a few months too also loved anemone alot... my tank alone got 5 anemone (2fts tank) 1 sebae xtra big one lolz very healthy kekez the tentancle very sticky ( they say for healthy sebae anemone the tentancle will by very sticky) 3 bta n 1 rocky flower anemone dunno wat kind lolz...

I think u got to check water parameter n lighting. The current is important they like current from my observation. Another important thing to take note is dun overfeed them with prawn meat or anything... they will die from over feeding that is how my first anemone die... but after that no more. kekez learn my lesson. My water temperature is at 27 degree celcius, they do better in colder water. :D mine all open nicely.

Hope it help u, this is just my own thinking la if anything wrong about it the other expert reefer hope u bros will point it out :peace: It will help me too.

Btw I got anemone shrimps n crabs living in my anemone which i feel help the anemone in certain way too kekez. My clown fish also :lol:

• SRC Member

bro...im running a 4 feet tank with 4 white pl and 3 blue pl lights... its just the temp of the tank that im more worried about... because im afraid tt once anemone die and the toxic it gives out will kill all my fishes... but ask me dont keep anemone i very sian leh... haha

;) perhaps u can get a cooling fan ? If possible u may consider a chiller if u wish to or else the cheaper alternative is cooling fan. kekez i understand since i love anemones too LOLZ i only got some soft corals lolz :upsidedown:

:off: Currently I keeping cow fish too another toxin fish lolz ~~ may crash tank if too stress or die LOLZ :peace: but i trust that it will not since it is quite active n healthy.

• SRC Member

IMO:

I guess most high light demanding living should able to tolerate warmer temperature. Afterall light and heat are direct related.

So, 29 - 30 degress Celcius is not in the worst case. It just maybe they encourage some other bad thingys grow too. Good circulation can help reduce the heat rentention, like hot air, but windy is not bad.

I don't have chiller, and my temp is about that range. I do avoid picky living, generally get light loving stocks only. So far so good