Dog face fish?

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

I bought a "dog" face fish and it seems quite docile to me. But whenever i try to feed it with prawns, it'll show me it's teeth(very white too :D )

I have snails in my tank but i've noticed that it has not eaten any of them. Do you happen to know what sort of food this fish take? What's the name of this fish?

Anyone successfully feed the fish before? it has been close to 2week and i'm still not able to get it to feed.

Regards,

Eric

post-8-1119954753.jpg

• SRC Member

2-wks already... it must be hungry. The puffer may not recognize the prawn cubes that you're feeding now as food. Try some ghost-shrimp first. It'll be more interested in live, moving objects. Then later when the fish realises that what you're putting in is food, then you can switch back to your current prawn cubes...

oh yah... if the ghost-shrimp 'siam' too fast or gets eaten by your other fish, you can also try using a pair of chopsticks to hold on to the shirmp in front of the puffer... my own experience lah... :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
it'll only show his teeth on 2 types of occasions. When it's being threatened.... or when it is in "relaxing-massaging" mode.

hehe ur dog fish seems to be like veri "high " .... :P from the expression.....