daimy068's 4x2.5x2.25'

daimy068

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to envy reefers who have nice plumbing done.

My tank maker's plumbing skills only a little "ametuerish" <_<

Maybe I can consult you for my new skimmer's plumbing (oops... :lol: )

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Bro,

hope you have some internal loop within the pile of liverocks to provide some flow going in, if not, over time, lots of detritus would accumulate in the rocks, contributing to po4 and no3... ;)

Will just use a little powerhead to blow during weekly cleaning.

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
I tend to envy reefers who have nice plumbing done.

My tank maker's plumbing skills only a little "ametuerish" <_<

Maybe I can consult you for my new skimmer's plumbing (oops... :lol: )

Sure! But the actual sifu's weisoon! He taught me! ;):P:D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Great work Mark!

Thanks for sharing your works!

Your tank will be my inspiration when my new tank project is approved by Home Affairs Minister. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

bro,

this looks like a nuclear reactor!

:lol:

:lol: This coupled with your 2 atomic bombs, we can declare S'pore a nuclear power! :P:lol:

• SRC Member

Just spent the afternoon filling up the tank with water and doing a system run. Here's a pic of the tank with the tunzes running.

1st up - view from the study.

post-34-1126607715.jpg

• SRC Member

Almost there...just gotta fabricate a stand/bridge for the FR just over the Sequence pumps and connect the FR and beckett.

Noticed a slight leak around the 90deg elbow at the piping for the beckett pump (just after the sump manifold). Any suggestions besides pvc welding? Can I 'tampa' silicon sealant?

post-34-1126608429.jpg

• SRC Member

how much u paid for the rock ? $100?

i guess u can diy it easily, just get a huge nice rock, u can drill a nice hole:) :lol:

anyway nice scape :):P

cheers!

Thanks anthony! Yup! abt there! Was also thinking abt diy but think have to research what materials would be safe to use. ;)

Cheers! :D

• SRC Member
Had a little materials left over from the renovation and decided to make some stands for the piping mounts/clips and other equipment. Here's a pic of how the piping is held. BTW, the pipe leads to an md55 for the beckett. :D

Hi Bro,

Your tank really swee! May I know if the ball-valve in the middle compartment is for your draining purpose? :yeah:

• SRC Member

Wa Bro,

You really make me buai ta han liao. Been looking forward and backward of your thread, si bei bo yeng on analysing your thread leh.

Which model of the Sequence Reeflo pump are you using, DART, Barracuda or Hammer? Can advise on the wattage?

I am planning on the equipments for my up-coming 6 footer project soon. Your design really can inspire us sia. Keep up the good work bro.

BTW, which air base are you from. I was from TAB. :yeah:

• SRC Member
Wa Bro,

You really make me buai ta han liao. Been looking forward and backward of your thread, si bei bo yeng on analysing your thread leh.

Which model of the Sequence Reeflo pump are you using, DART, Barracuda or Hammer? Can advise on the wattage?

I am planning on the equipments for my up-coming 6 footer project soon. Your design really can inspire us sia. Keep up the good work bro.

BTW, which air base are you from. I was from TAB. :yeah:

Hi dsam,

Which ball valve were you referring to? The one in the middle of the overflow box was a mistake by tankmaker...initially meant for another return to the tank but with the dual dursos in there no more space. <_<

The one at the sump is just an extra which might be used for draining or other means of filtration.

The pumps used are the DARTs. 110W. You can refer to Reefdepot's website for specs.

http://reefdepot.com.sg/

Was in SBAB working on SPs. ORD in 1995 and went to Perth to study. Now teaching.

;)

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers!

• SRC Member

:D Thanks Bro for your reply,

Am actually considering OR6500 X 1 as my return pump for my 6 ft X 2 ft X 27" (H) tank.

After looking at your return pumps, it be more worth while to top up $ for the reeflo. Bro, you got any comments for the return pumps? Is it stilll powerful after the head loss? Wat about the humming sound? As I said, really inspired by your tank. If next time you see my tank similar to yours, dun mind tat I have 'copied' some. Heehee... :heh:

• SRC Member
:D Thanks Bro for your reply,

Am actually considering OR6500 X 1 as my return pump for my 6 ft X 2 ft X 27" (H) tank.

After looking at your return pumps, it be more worth while to top up $ for the reeflo. Bro, you got any comments for the return pumps? Is it stilll powerful after the head loss? Wat about the humming sound? As I said, really inspired by your tank. If next time you see my tank similar to yours, dun mind tat I have 'copied' some. Heehee... :heh:

Hi dsam,

Hey, that's the same ht as my tank! Might wanna consider the width though. Will be easier to aquascape if it's 2.5'. ;)

The DARTs are relatively quiet compared to the md. I've mounted the pumps onto a 15mm wooden board and 2 layers of rubber to absorb the vibrations. Flow-wise no complaints. Figure that with the friction loss and head, I'm getting abt 5000l/h or more.

Looking forward to seeing your tank soon. Let me know if I can help. Who's your tank maker?

Cheers!

Mark

• SRC Member
How are the Darts in your opinion? issit noisy or vitually silent?

Hi alfa,

Thanks! BTW, same tank maker as yours.

No complaints abt the DARTs. Relatively silent and flowrate abt 5000l/h after considering headloss and friction loss. That's for only 1 pump! ;)

The other will be flowing in at lower rate coz of tee-off to FR and sump so as not to damage the chiller with such high flowrate figure should be arnd 2000l/h.

BTW, how's the Arctica commercial? Thinking of getting it at the end of yr.

Cheers!

Mark