daimy068's 4x2.5x2.25'

daimy068

• SRC Member

The water level was adjusted too high before I left in the afternoon. Went beck in the evening after contacting acidjazz and was warned to lower the level just in case it shoots up after breaking in.

When I arrived, half the waste collector was filled with dark tea...Heng ah! Phew!

Thanks acidjazz! ;):thanks:

Anyway, tank pic after putting in salt-mix.

post-34-1128870195.jpg

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beckett looks a little underpowered

Try opening the air valve more

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
The Beckett looks a little underpowered

Try opening the air valve more

Thanks blueheaven. Did that this evening. Will see how, still waiting for it to breakin. Still got a MAK5 (equivalent to MD70) on standby in the store-room. ;):thanks:

How'r your exam preps? All the best! OK if I drop by your place after exams? :P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Haha still preparing, thanks for the concern

Sure, you are invited as long as I am free

Would love to see your setup too :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Haha still preparing, thanks for the concern

Sure, you are invited as long as I am free

Would love to see your setup too :lol:

Huan-ying, Huan-ying! :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi alfa,

Thanks! BTW, same tank maker as yours.

No complaints abt the DARTs. Relatively silent and flowrate abt 5000l/h after considering headloss and friction loss. That's for only 1 pump! ;)

The other will be flowing in at lower rate coz of tee-off to FR and sump so as not to damage the chiller with such high flowrate figure should be arnd 2000l/h.

BTW, how's the Arctica commercial? Thinking of getting it at the end of yr.

Cheers!

Mark

Sorry, didnt see your reply.

Yeah, when I saw the durso, I already know its the same tank-maker :)

The 1hp chiller is very good but noisy lah. Not advisable to be placed in the dining room or living room if you cannot tolerate noise. The 1/2hp is quieter I think but still noisy IMHO. Its lucky that I can place my chiller in the balcony so less noise heard. Issit possible for your case?

The sequence is looking like a very good pump. Congrats on a wise choice.

Luv your movable light rack. Can see that Weisoon has been a very big help as usual. ;)

• SRC Member
Very nice setup . :shock:

Thanks monsterz1975. You setup very nice as well. Love all the Aquamedic equipment you've got. Your's is a monster tank at 6x2.5x2.5! :lol:

• SRC Member

Sorry, didnt see your reply.

Yeah, when I saw the durso, I already know its the same tank-maker :)

The 1hp chiller is very good but noisy lah. Not advisable to be placed in the dining room or living room if you cannot tolerate noise. The 1/2hp is quieter I think but still noisy IMHO. Its lucky that I can place my chiller in the balcony so less noise heard. Issit possible for your case?

The sequence is looking like a very good pump. Congrats on a wise choice.

Luv your movable light rack. Can see that Weisoon has been a very big help as usual. ;)

Hi alfaromeo,

The chiller will be located at the a/c ledge. That's the reason for the long piping run to the ledge. Confirmed on a 1/2hp. No problems with noise and heat generated. ;):D

Very satisfied with the DARTs. Very quiet.

Yup! Weisoon's been a BIG help. Too bad his tank's not ready yet! Real sleeping dragon! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Actually for Mark's build and size, I think he resembles "Flash".

Anyway, thanks again for your hospitality. Pick up quite a few great ideas for my next 4 footer. ;):thanks:

Thought he looked more like Superman !!! hehhehe

How come i never did came across this thread??? a very enjoyable one, however you might want to make some adjustments to the pipeworks.

Hope to pop by your house soon, enjoy your tank, some wine and perhaps some piano pieces :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Oops the pipeworks had been modified - well done ! looks like it will work better.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

daimy,

Excellent work. ........ utmost impressed. :yeah:

A lot of time, effort and of course $$ must have been invested in this project.

Good luck and keep those pictures coming......

You have got a lot of us on our toes already waiting for more ........ :D

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Thought he looked more like Superman !!! hehhehe

How come i never did came across this thread??? a very enjoyable one, however you might want to make some adjustments to the pipeworks.

Hope to pop by your house soon, enjoy your tank, some wine and perhaps some piano pieces :lol:

Hi Melvyn,

Nice meeting you and Sunny last Friday. Invite's open...just give me a buzz. ;)