Increasing effiency of Macro NW skimmer

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

very noisy mehz??

hmm

one idea i heard, was to connect a pump, to an airstone, so that the bubbles produced my the airstone can be sucked into the imput of the pump + the original air intake, then got more dense bubbles...

yea...

• SRC Member
very noisy mehz??

hmm

one idea i heard, was to connect a pump, to an airstone, so that the bubbles produced my the airstone can be sucked into the imput of the pump + the original air intake, then got more dense bubbles...

yea...

Huh? u mean force pump in air into the venturi ah? if so then not advisable... ur pump will be running dryer than it was intended to.. might wear it down..

btw.. my macro NW is almost silent leh.. i can't hear much out of it unless i really try...

• SRC Member

true true,, its'll be running drier than it's meant to be.. oh wells..

haha.. haven't set up my sump and macro yet... haha. .. maybe i shall just leave it be.. it should work jsut fine, as longa s it doesn't heat up my tank too much.....

macro AS350 for 2ft tank.. haha. :lol:

Yup...mine NW (asp100) is very noisy...like the air sucked in at high velocity thn produce those sound which is like when u finishing a drink thru a straw, whereby both air and water being sucked in at once :o

I already put an air valve at the head of the air tube 2 reduce the noise but at the same time also reduces the effieciency...