6ft marine tank setup

• SRC Member
Hi bros, would like to set up a 6ft marine reef tank. Are we allow to keep a 6ft X 2ft X 2.5ft marine tank in a HDB flat? :eyebrow:

hi .... think someone is selling a 6ft tank wif full equipment like MH chiller sump .. everything for just 1k... maybe u can check with acid jazz for more infos...

cheers :D

• SRC Member

as long as the whole 1 ton is not winthin 1 sq meter, u need no permit.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

hi .... think someone is selling a 6ft tank wif full equipment like MH chiller sump .. everything for just 1k... maybe u can check with acid jazz for more infos...

cheers :D

Thanks Lester. Will check out with Acid Jazz. :yeah:

• SRC Member

me currently having a 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft... trust me it weights at least 1.2ton... with the amount of Live rock, sand and salt water...

can pm me for the pros and cons of having a 6ft if u need guide ;)

as long as the whole 1 ton is not winthin 1 sq meter, u need no permit.

Is this the case? Don't need to be near wall, beam and can even be in the middle of a room? Cos I read the HDB set up guidelines and seems the guidelines refer to tanks place against the wall only. I am intending to set up a 4ft partition tank perpendicular against the wall....

• SRC Member

Is this the case? Don't need to be near wall, beam and can even be in the middle of a room? Cos I read the HDB set up guidelines and seems the guidelines refer to tanks place against the wall only. I am intending to set up a 4ft partition tank perpendicular against the wall....

as long as your tank's weight is well distributed.

mean to say, have more legs for bigger tank.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Guess wat Steve from AM told me? 4 ft or 6 ft is recommended but not 5ft, becos of the weight distribution...err... :shock::shock::shock: I dunno wat to say. Anybody heard of it? Sounds abit strange right? :look: I tink there are many 5 footer reefers out there.

Anyway, shall check with HDB. Thanx guys! ;)

me currently having a 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft... trust me it weights at least 1.2ton... with the amount of Live rock, sand and salt water...

can pm me for the pros and cons of having a 6ft if u need guide ;)

Bro, I setting up a 5 feet tank... maybe you can share some stuffs to take note of?! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg