Thinking of going Redang, recommendations?

ervine

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Was thinking of going to Redang for a short trip with my gf, was wondering which resort to choose and around how much will it cost if we book it on off-peak season.

Thinking of 4days 3 nights (coz travelling already 1-2days right?)...

As for budget, i don't mind not staying at the best resort but cannot be too shabby lah.. a/c, hot water should be there (gf not very garang one..)...

Thanks guys,

Ervine

• SRC Member

Sentosa beach...........................

bring along your own tent, water heater, FM, light it's more fun

and can save for reef :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

Was thinking of going to Redang for a short trip with my gf, was wondering which resort to choose and around how much will it cost if we book it on off-peak season.

Thinking of 4days 3 nights (coz travelling already 1-2days right?)...

As for budget, i don't mind not staying at the best resort but cannot be too shabby lah.. a/c, hot water should be there (gf not very garang one..)...

Thanks guys,

Ervine

You can look for Berjaya Hotels and Resorts

• SRC Member
You can look for Berjaya Hotels and Resorts

If staying in Berjaya, u can stay in Manado already... :D

u can try this agency: Global Holidays in Novena Sq.

68 222 111

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

bro, sorry to hijack your thread....

has anybody DIY going to Redang? Somebody done it before and saved a lot of money cause if booked locally things are cheaper. Too bad I couldn't find the guys email anymore :(

If anybody has done it, what are the steps, do's and don'ts and stuff. Thanks

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member
bro, sorry to hijack your thread....

has anybody DIY going to Redang? Somebody done it before and saved a lot of money cause if booked locally things are cheaper. Too bad I couldn't find the guys email anymore :(

If anybody has done it, what are the steps, do's and don'ts and stuff. Thanks

i have tried doing so, u can try booking bus tiks from the coach terminal in Lavender st, opposite the Sg casket. Before that, arrange with the resort the timing u will be arriving and where to meet and pick u up. Then the resort's minibus or other transport will usually bring u to the jetty to take the ferry or speedboat to Redang.

to be honest, it is a lot more coordination and u only save abt S$50+...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I've been to redang for the past 6 years at least twice a year all DIY..means either by coach or drive.

-if u with family, kids or gf go for laguna.berjaya also ok but expensive and isolated.

-book ur return coach at Five star travel at golden mile complex.

-secure rooms direct from malaysia agent. www.pinganchorage.com.my

-if only diving is ur aim,go for redang kalong.

-go during off peak,means u need to avoid malaysia school holidays and college holidays.best time for me so far is during ghost month.not much people and very relaxing.

hope this helps.

• SRC Member

deal is alright i guess but considering that u gonna take more than 8-10 hrs on the coach and staying at the place for only 2 nites.. a bit not worth the effort.. by the time u came back, u wun feel recharged at all.

• SRC Member

Ervine,

If you only snorkel, you may want to choose Redang Beach. Just snorkel around the little island near the beach and you may find the baby black tip sharks (hope they are still there). If you are adventures more, you may want to take the canoe and canoe to the further island opposite the resort, got intersting corals that can be seen by just snorkeling, private beach too! ;)

Enjoy the speed boat trip from mainland to the island also. Remember to go toilet before boarding the speedboat. :lol:

• SRC Member
deal is alright i guess but considering that u gonna take more than 8-10 hrs on the coach and staying at the place for only 2 nites.. a bit not worth the effort.. by the time u came back, u wun feel recharged at all.

actually I read the iteniary it looks like only 1 night on the bus, the other 3 nights are at the resort, 3rd day morning leave... so not too bad still i think...

Maybe can consider extend another day...

Okie i've been eyeing redang beach, redang bay and laguna....

• SRC Member

actually I read the iteniary it looks like only 1 night on the bus, the other 3 nights are at the resort, 3rd day morning leave... so not too bad still i think...

Maybe can consider extend another day...

Okie i've been eyeing redang beach, redang bay and laguna....

Redang Bay is nice.. i always stay there when i pop in to dive.. :P

• SRC Member

Hi bro ervine..

went to redang two years ago... stayed in Bejaya Resort.. Nice cosy place... but seems too quiet at times during night time.. However... plus points is that they have their own beach... which is cool!! for pricing wise... cos I went during SARS period.. thus I only paid SGD298 for a 4D3N stay (makan, accom & transport all provided)

for snorkling... if you are joining those half a day round island snorkling.. things that you may want to bring along.

1. If you are wearing Spectacles.. you may actually can rent those power goggles (those with degrees) from the resort.. it actually helps when viewing those corals or fishes down 5 to 10 feets deep in the sea. However.. do note that normal googles are provided for the trip

2. Good to rent a pair for fin for the snorkling trip... at least you are able to swim faster around in the sea ... I really helps!!! Also... when you are swimming back to the boat... you can be sure of ABLE to get to the boat even if the current tide is against you!!

my two cents worth

• SRC Member
Redang Bay is nice.. i always stay there when i pop in to dive.. :P

redang bay it is then... supposed to have table tennis table? haha.. my gf likes to play table tennis.. just hope she can swim a little more this time.. the last time we went snorkelling was a minor disaster...

oh and SGD$298 is cheap for bejaya!! Bejaya is supposed to be the most expensive one leh...