Ozone Generator

tayhonglee

• SRC Member

hi everyone,

finally got the camera from my brother.

this is the picture of the enaly and the milwaukee orp controller. my settings are quite high, about 390 mv. there is a blinking warning light if the redox drops below 390, and the enaly will kick in.

pardon my lousy skills. photography really quite difficult :)

post-14-1121497523.jpg

• SRC Member
is it the method i use got problem? my orp keep staying at 230, wun really go up to 400 with ozone blasting 24x7 everyday. wat happen??

ozone spolit? controller got problem? my method of injecting into my skimmer is wrong..

the best part for my ozone is : one of the out put have come out, luck i using the skimmer to draw the air, nor likely able to use air pump to push the air in liao

hi all, i confirm tat one of my out put break, the plastic is too soft or my are too powerful.

i open the whole thing to see and seem like very fragile.

lucky i use my H&S to suck the air and it can be use..

Henry do they have warranty? if not it is ok, just asking,,

btw have the blue tang start eating??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
Henry do they have warranty? if not it is ok, just asking

bro, im quite sure they have warranty.  theres a piece of paper/warranty card that came with our enaly right?  thats the one.  anyway, heres what i saw in their website. 

Our warranty

During the one (1) year from the date of your purchase, if our products fail to operate functionally, we will repair or replace them for our customers. Components damaged by any use of the product other than for its intended function, or by the owner's failure to maintain the unit in the correct manner and frequency prescribed by the instructions supplied at the time of purchase, will void this coverage.

MAKING A VALID CLAIM

The option to repair or replace will be the exclusive decision of Enaly Trade. Repair or replacement costs associated with any invalid warranty claims will be based on Enaly Trade retail prices at the time of the work performed. You will be notified if Enaly Trade determines that misuse will result in an invalid claim. If you feel that our product is not operating satisfactorily you must:

1. Contact Enaly Trade at (604)937-3984 or e-mail us: enalyozone@yahoo.com

2. Provide us with your name and date of purchase.

3. Provide us with the model and serial number of unit in question.

4. Explain in clear terms what is not satisfactory.

If you are asked to return the unit in question to Enaly Trade, you must pay all shipping costs

i hope that helps a bit.  about your broken nozzle, i have an idea.  why don't you get some silica gel, put it in a small tub, and then immerse your whole unit inside?  that way your enaly will definitely produce more ozone.  i read that once somewhere.  desiccant is quite cheap.  i bought mine from a photo shop close to my house, so its readily available.  cost me $4.50 for a small tub.  i maintain my redox at 390mv.  these few days, it rarely drops below 370, even after feeding. 

bro, that's neat connection. Thanks for sharing with us.

Btw, you sleep beside the tank? the chiller is very distracting.

actually, i sleep beside my wife. the tank is in my living room. but, as she is prone to remind me (sometimes forcibly), i spent so much time on it i might as well move out of my room and sleep on the couch. :o

no lah, just kidding. :rolleyes: im still finding a contractor or a way to diy a cabinet. no choice, im on budget.

i forgot to add.....remember to buy those blue desiccants, and not the white ones. they change from blue to red as they absorb moisture, so its easier to know when its time to change its nappy.

• SRC Member
No need to change when it turned pink/red bro... just reheat it in oven or something then it will release all the moisture absorbed and turn blue and reusable again ;)

cool...that is something new ... i didn't know :D:yeah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Hello all whom bought the ozone generator,

Based on what I'd heard and read, seems like oxidation aids a fair bit in nitrate reduction.

Anybody tried measuring your nitrates before and after installing the ozone?

Just like to know your comments on this issue.

Just a question to the ozone experts..........just got my orp controller and was surprise with the result. Only 156mv without the use of ozone. So dirty my water. After plugging the ozone,the orp raised from 156mv to 390mv in 4hrs time. I set the orp controller to cut off the ozone at 405mv. My beckett is skimming like hell for the past 12hrs.

Q: Is it ok to maintain the ORP at 450mv? or is 400mv already very good.

Just a question to the ozone experts..........just got my orp controller and was surprise with the result. Only 156mv without the use of ozone. So dirty my water. After plugging the ozone,the orp raised from 156mv to 390mv in 4hrs time. I set the orp controller to cut off the ozone at 405mv. My beckett is skimming like hell for the past 12hrs.

Q: Is it ok to maintain the ORP at 450mv? or is 400mv already very good.

as a general rule of the thumb, maintaining ur ozone levels thereabouts 380mV will be considered the best range according to a thread in RC from JBNY (do a search in RC, u shld be able to find the relevant thread, me 2 lazy to search). :P

u raised ur orp by abt 250mV in 4 hrs??? that's too fast. ur fishes might not be able to take it. too drastic a change in orp parameter might cause gill infections and organs dysfunction. 0.5mg/hr of ozone per gallon of water will be a rough guide to follow.

;) HTH

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

as a general rule of the thumb, maintaining ur ozone levels thereabouts 380mV will be considered the best range according to a thread in RC from JBNY (do a search in RC, u shld be able to find the relevant thread, me 2 lazy to search). :P

u raised ur orp by abt 250mV in 4 hrs??? that's too fast. ur fishes might not be able to take it. too drastic a change in orp parameter might cause gill infections and organs dysfunction. 0.5mg/hr of ozone per gallon of water will be a rough guide to follow.

;) HTH

opps, too late.............hope my two pest angels get the infection.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

a little update on the enaly....

my enaly is spoilt.......dang it!!! unbelievable.....i've only used it for a few months.

i discovered this only yesterday morning, after some investigation towards the cause of the funny 'aquarium' smell coming from my tank these few days. usually i can't smell anything at all.

turns out that it the skimmate was what caused the stinkiki. even the water had a funny smell. maybe the ozone gas neutralized the smell before.

anyway, the air pump is still pumping hard, but the enaly is not producing any gas. i tried whacking it, cajoling it, kissing it, stroking it, threatening it, but still no avail. i hope its just the fuse.

the orp controller must have been blinking for the past few days, but for the life of me, i can't understand why i didn't notice it before.

after testing water parameters (they looked fine), i did a water change anyway just in case.

i've been trying to get a hailea as a back up for awhile now, but no success. no choice but to order from aquatic since i need one on short notice.

in the meantime, i will have to work out how much it will cost me to send the enaly for repairs.

hopefully it won't cost too much.

REMINDER: check your enaly too, esp. if you bought it around the time i did.

henry

a little update on the enaly....

my enaly is spoilt.......dang it!!!  unbelievable.....i've only used it for a few months.

i discovered this only yesterday morning, after some investigation towards the cause of the  funny 'aquarium' smell coming from my tank these few days.  usually i can't smell anything at all. 

turns out that it the skimmate was what caused the stinkiki.  even the water had a funny smell.  maybe the ozone gas neutralized the smell before. 

henry

Henry,

Lost you somewhere, how did you know it was spoilt? Are you saying that the skimmate becoming stinker because the enaly was not working.

Tony

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

• SRC Member

hey tony,

actually, its not so much the stink of the skimmate that shows the enaly is not working, but rather the fact that there is a smell in the first place that made me suspicious.

thats because since i started using ozone, there hasn't been any foul skimmate smell (which i presume was neutralised by the ozone).

what i actually did was to unplugged the enaly and blew it directly at my face.....turns out there is absolutely no ozone smell at all.

maybe you might try the same thing just to confirm. except take tiny sniffs just to be safe.

henry

hey del,

your enaly not working as well?

im going to get a hailea from aquatic. i think they have some units available. hang on for a few days if you can. if i got any lobang i will pm you.

henry

PM me also!

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

• 2 weeks later...